Car Rental Izmir Airport, get price quotes from the top car rental companies to get the best deal!
Looking For Car Rental Izmir Airport?
Do you want to hire a car at AirportCarRental365.com? We make that easy – just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Izmir Airport.
The third largest city in Turkey and the second biggest port in the country is Izmir and its population is around 3.7 million people. An ancient city in the past known under the name Smyrna and an important transport hub today, the city of Izmir is modern and cosmopolitan, featuring a busy trade center, a delightful historical center with old churches and mosques, an 18th century market as well as broad boulevards and modern office buildings, elegant shopping centers and large parks.
Arriving at Izmir Airport
The city of Izmir is served by Adnan Menderes International Airport, which welcomes international and domestic flights. It is positioned in the district of Gaziemir, approximately 16 km south of the city center. Izmir Airport operates several daily flights to Ankara, Istanbul and Antalya, and has regular flights from many European cities as well.
From the airport, the travelers can reach the center of the city with public buses, airport rentals, airport shuttle services, and also the renovated suburban train. Naturally, the airport terminal has all facilities needed like ATMs, dining places, etc., as well as offices of car rental companies. Those tourists who prefer to travel comfortably and not to be depended on the public transport are welcome to choose from the car rental deals that are available by airportcarrental365 once they make car hire comparison of the prices.
Driving in Izmir
Driving in Turkey is pleasant as the roads are in very good shape. There are six lane highways around Izmir and major roads, as well as smaller rounds and dirt tracks that lead to the countryside villages around the city of Izmir. The road signs in Turkey are very good as well especially on the main roads. The signs follow the international colors and the tourist attractions. The drivers in Turkey are good and polite in general.
That is why travelers that decide to go with an affordable car hire can do so without thinking twice and they will be pleased with their choice of vehicle rental. Even if they get an advantage rental car, travelers can simply walk in the center of Izmir and they will find that very pleasant and enjoyable.
Things To See & Do in Izmir
The city of Izmir extends from the Gulf of Izmir to the delta of Gediz River and was once known as Smyrna. It comprises of several metropolitan districts set around the central neighborhood of the city – Konak. After the Great Fire of the 1920’s, Izmir lacks many historical sights, even if the city is more than 5000 years old. The places that should not be missed around include:
- Konak Square – that is the main square of the city where is to be seen the unique symbol of Izmir – the clock tower built in 1901. Further to be seen here are the Konak Yali Mosque and the Kemeraltı Bazaar located around the square.
- Asansör (Elevator) — that is a very interesting construction built in 1907. Its main purpose was to help residents to go to their districts on the top of the hill. The elevator used to work by a water-driven mechanism, but now it works by electricity. There is a restaurant located on the top of the elevator, where travelers can enjoy a panoramic view of Izmir.
- Kadifekale — this beautiful old castle is placed on the hill with the same name.
- Alsancak — this is a very pleasant area to be visited in Izmir with many small streets and plenty of bars situated in old Ottoman houses. Must- visit places to get Turkish tea, beer or some of the water pipe flavors.
- Karsiyaka — it is located at the other part of Izmir Gulf and has beautiful views of Konak and Alsancak. The area offers lively nightlife and a delightful pedestrian shopping area. The area is to be reached by ferry.
- Beaches — Izmir has a coastline on Aegean sea and there are several beaches which are not from the city center. All these beaches are easily accessible by the available economy car rental.
Do also consider other Destinations in Turkey: Car Rental Ankara Airport or Car Rental Istanbul Airport