Phuket Car Rental Airport: make a rental search to get the best car hire for your needs! The car rental reviews will help you pick affordable car hire at a discount price! Enjoy your trip in Phuket, Thailand!
Get Your Phuket Car Rental Airport And Have a Great Trip!
Get the best car rental deals by going through the website AirportCarRental365.com and reading the car rental tips. Organize an economy car rental from Phuket Airport and have a memorable trip to Thailand!
Phuket is the largest island in Thailand with its 48 km in length and 21 km in width. It is situated in the southern part of the country, facing the Andaman Sea coastline and the Indian Ocean. Phuket is positioned 850 km south of the capital city Bangkok. It used to be on one of the main trade routes between India and China and is today a major tourist destination. Most of the beaches in Phuket are situated on the west coast, while the town of Phuket being placed to the southeast of the island and the airport situated in the north.
The places that should be seen here include the Chalong Bay, which is the largest yacht area and a main gateway to the islands off Phuket; the beaches of Karon and Kamala; thee surf beach at Kata; the Sirinat National Park beaches Nai Yang and Nai Thon; the huge beach resort Patong, famous for its night life, etc.
Arriving at Phuket Airport
Phuket International Airport is located in the northern end of the island and is the second largest air hub in Thailand after the one in Bangkok. The airport serves many and frequent flights from and to Bangkok Donmueang Airport, and also many direct flights from various airports in the area. Phuket Airport also serves direct charts from Australia and Europe, from China and Hong Kong, from Korea and Indonesia, from the Philippines and Malaysia, from Qatar, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom and United Arab Emirates.
The airport terminal of Phuket Airport has plenty of facilities for the needs of the travelers, including airport car parking and airport shuttle service with airport bus and shuttle bus, as well as minibus services. Airport rental is also available and can be organized through the offices of the airport rental companies or online through the website airportcarrental365.
Driving in Phuket
Phuket is connected to the mainland by the bridge Thao Thepkasattri and the cars that enter or leave Ko Phuket will need to pass through the police checkpoint Tha Chat Chai. Getting one of the cheap car rentals and exploring the island is among the wisest decisions that could be taken here. This is what the drivers should keep in mind:
- The Thai drivers are chaotic and ignore the rules.
- The roads on the island are narrow and winding with poor vision.
- Driving should be defensive and on the left side of the road.
- Drink driving is illegal and dangerous. Driving at night is not safe either.
- Airport rental is available by several car rental companies such as Hertz car rental, Avis car rental, National car rental and Sixt car rental.
- Car hire insurance is required.
Things to Do & See in Phuket
There are many things that one can do and see while in the island of Phuket. The holiday destination offers great options for swimming and diving, for snorkeling and yachting, for parasailing and jet-skiing. It is also a great destination for windsurfing and kite surfing, for deep sea fishing and wakeboarding. The must-visit places (to name just a few) include:
- Big Buddha – a huge white marble Buddha statue on the top of Naka Kerd Mountain. It reveals panoramic view over the east coast of Phuket.
- Chalong Temple – ancient temple of Phuket’s monks who helped the people during the Chinese rebellion.
- Phuket Butterfly Garden and Insect World – ideal family destination.
- Phuket Aquarium – tropical aquarium situated at Cape Panwa, with a variety of fish and corals.
- Crocodile Farm – travelers can watch taming of crocodiles and alligators right in front of them.
- Phuket FantaSea – that is the Disneyland of South East Asia. Interesting night entertainment on Phuket.
- AC’s Phuket Fishing Park – fantastic great freshwater fishing experience for catching arapaimas, piranhas, red-tailed catfish, alligator gars, Siamese giant carps and Siamese sharks.
Do you also consider other destinations in Thailand? Try Car Rental Bangkok Airport!