Car Rental Bangkok Airport, compare prices from top companies to find the best deal.
Thailand’s capital city, this metropolitan area is renowned for it’s vibrant shrines that are scattered throughout the city, along with it’s history that is so uniquely blended within the bustling city. A gorgeous travel destination with floating markets, night life, traditional dances, and water sports all while enjoying a tropical breeze. Food is a high point in Bangkok, you will never go without a fabulous meal. The exchange rate is great if you are from Western countries, things in Bangkok will be very inexpensive.
Arriving at Bangkok Airport
All arriving passengers must fill out a document no. 6, which allows you to be reached during your stay in Thailand. A normal passport should grant you a thirty day stay in Bangkok without having to get a visa.
Bangkok International Airport is quite large and can be confusing to navigate. Look at airport maps, and ask for directions if you need them. Signs throughout the airport are pretty easy to follow, so be on the look out for signs pertaining to your needs. There are many restaurants to enjoy while killing time waiting for your departing plane as well.
There are exciting coastlines and places to see just outside the city that are easiest to access by car. If you haven’t decided on where to rent a car, airportcarrental365 is a great place to compare rates on top companies, to ensure your best deal.
A shuttle is available to and from the airport if renting a vehicle isn’t an option.
Driving in Bangkok
Bangkok is a large city and not a place for a novice drivers to improve their skills. Once out of the main city, driving does become easier and more relaxed.
- Signs in the main city are often confusing and not helpful.
- Always pre-navigate your route to avoid the frustration of mid driving GPS rerouting.
- Get to know the different districts on a map.
- It’s in your best interest to study a map of Bangkok and map out all destinations before you leave.
- Use the Expressways to save time and avoid traffic.
- Parking Duck, will help you find a parking spot within the city.
- Drive defensively, people in Thailand are not known for their excellent driving abilities.
- They drive on the left side of the road.
- Seat Belts must be wore at all times.
- If there are a bunch of tree branches on the road, that is a signal that there is a breakdown ahead.
- Look before opening car doors as motorcycles drive close to parked cars and you could accidentally hit one.
Things to do in Bangkok
- Temple of the Reclining Buddha– Is exactly what the title refers to, a temple with a very large reclined Buddha. A magnificent place to wander through, ancient architecture and artifacts are worth seeing on your visit. The Buddha is said to be so big that you cannot find the whole statue in a single photograph.
- The Grand Palace– Is an exceptional spot to visit, the inside is stunning. The Palace also features a jade temple.There are a lot of crowds, so avoid them show up very early. People outside the Palace may try to tell you that it is closed, and offer you a boat ride instead. Most of the time the Palace is actually open and these people are just trying to make money off you. The weather is usually hot, so dress accordingly.
- Co Van Kessel Bangkok Tours– Whether you decide to take walking, bike, or boat tour, you can be assured that your tour guide will take good care of you. Tours are a great way to see the city, without worrying about getting lost.
Places to Eat in Bangkok
- Nang Gin Kui– Charoen Krung Soi 20, Chinatown | Talad Noi, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100 , Thailand. Highly reviewed for service and food quality, Nang Gui Kui is a great place to have dinner during your visit.
- Koken Sushi Bar– 96 Soi Naradhiwas 15 Yak 4, Bangkok, Thailand. Freshly caught fish is turned into your mouthwatering meal everyday. Rated as one of the best sushi bars in Bangkok, this is a must for all sushi lovers.
- Tealicious Bangkok– 492 Trok To, Soi Charoen Krung 49 | Bangrak, Bangkok10500, Thailand. Serving traditional Thai food with a smile, Tealicious is perfect to grab an inexpensive bite to eat after a long day of sightseeing.