Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Zurich Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Zurich Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Zurich Airport.
Zurich is the largest and most heavily populated country in Switzerland, as well as being the country’s most-visited tourist destination.
As with so much of Switzerland, Zurich tends to be priced quite expensively, although it has a strong local economy to match, and therefore the standard of living is one of the highest in Europe, and the city routinely ranks as one of the world’s most livable cities in industry polls, along with another Swiss city – Geneva.
Surrounded by the stunning Alps mountain range, the city offers picturesque surroundings and jaw-dropping views from much of the city. Despite its busy, tourist-related reputation, Zurich retains a laid-back atmosphere conducive to a relaxing vacation.
Traveling to Switzerland? You migh consider Geneva Airport Car Rental
Arriving Zurich Airport
Zurich Airport is the largest airport in Switzerland, approximately 13km from Zurich city center. Therefore, Taxi cabs can be expected to charge around $17-$21 to undertake this journey.
Despite being a large and busy airport, there is a relaxed atmosphere to the airport and although check-in and baggage collection procedures are dealt with swiftly and economically, there is never the feeling that you are being rushed out of the airport.
Car rental processes are similarly efficient and the airport offers a wide range of shopping outlets and restaurants, as well as free wi-fi access for all visitors to the airport.
Though priced rather expensively, dining selection is of a fairly high quality if you are looking to eat upon arrival.
Driving In Zurich
Driving in Zurich is everything you would expect from such a well-organized, financially centred city. Roads systems are easily navigable, road signage is clear and abundant, and traffic volumes are consistently low apart from at peak-traffic hours.
Zurich is strewn with beautiful, mountain-top scenery, and the native drivers are relaxed and helpful towards foreign visitors and first-time drivers, ensuring an enjoyable driving experience.
However, parking fees, particularly in the heart of Zurich city center can be astronomically high, and it is recommended that you park on the outskirts of the city, and use public transport to travel to your desired tourist locations. The public transport system is generally agreed to be one of the best in Europe and offers extremely good reliability and availability.
Zurich Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Switzerland, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Swiss cars drive on the right of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Zurich
- Zurich Zoo – Switzerland’s largest and most popular zoo, with thousands of animals, shows and interactive attractions.
- Lake Zurich – A stunning lake which is immensely popular with watersports and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Museum Of Art – One of Europe’s most popular collections of paintings and sculptures by some of the most well-respected artists in the world.