Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Geneva Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Geneva Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Geneva Airport.
Geneva is the second most populous country in Switzerland, a financial centre of the country and an international capital of diplomatic relations.
Although Geneva is priced quite expensively, it has a strong local economy to match, and therefore the standard of living is one of the highest in Europe, and the city routinely ranks as one of the world’s most livable cities in industry polls.
Surrounded by the stunning Alps mountain range, the city offers picturesque surroundings and jaw-dropping views from much of the city. Despite its financial and industrial reputation, Geneva retains a laid-back atmosphere conducive to a relaxing vacation.
Arriving Geneva Airport
Geneva Airport is the 2nd largest airport in Switzerland, behind Zürich and is located only 4km from Geneva city center. Taxi cabs can be expected to charge around $7-$11 to undertake this journey.
Despite being a large and busy airport, like the city of Geneva itself, there is a relaxed atmosphere to the airport and although check-in and baggage collection procedures are dealt with swiftly and economically, there is never the feeling that you are being rushed out of the airport.
Car rental processes are similarly efficient and the airport offers a wide range of shopping outlets and restaurants, as well as free wi-fi access for all visitors to the airport.
Though priced rather expensively, dining selection is of a fairly high quality if you are looking to eat upon arrival.
Driving In Geneva
Driving in Geneva is everything you would expect from such a well-organized, financially centred city. Roads systems are easily navigable, road signage is clear and abundant, and traffic volumes are consistently low apart from at peak-traffic hours.
Geneva is strewn with beautiful, mountain-top scenery, and the native drivers are relaxed and helpful towards foreign visitors and first-time drivers, ensuring an enjoyable driving experience.
However, parking fees, particularly in the heart of Geneva city center can be astronomically high, and it is recommended that you park on the outskirts of the city, and use public transport to travel to your desired tourist locations. The public transport system is generally agreed to be one of the best in Europe and offers extremely good reliability and availability.
Geneva Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Switzerland, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Swiss cars drive on the right of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Geneva
- Lake Geneva – One of Geneva’s most popular attractions is this stunning lake running through the city.
- Patek Philippe Museum – One of Switzerland’s oldest museums, the Patek Philippe Museum is a fantastic resource for investigating the real history of Geneva.
- CERN – The world’s most cutting-edge science facility now offers guided tours for visitors of a scientific nature and interest.
Restaurants In Geneva – Popular With Visitors
- Glacier Artyglaces – rue du Velodrome, 4, Geneva 1205, Switzerland
- L’epicentre – 25, rue Prevost-Martin, Geneva 1205 , Switzerland
- Izumi – Quai des Bergues 33, Geneva 1201, Switzerland