Get an economy Car Rental Almeria Airport by looking at the car rental deals! Take time to read the car rental reviews and car rental tips and learn about the available discounts! Almeria in Spain is awaiting you!
Do You Need Car Rental Almeria Airport?
Go through the useful car rental tips at the website AirportCarRental365.com in order to pick the best car hire possible for your trip to the lovely area of Almeria in Spain!
Almeria is a beautiful city in Andalucia region in Spain. In translation, the Arabic name of the settlement means “Mirror of the sea”. The city is positioned in the southeastern area of the country, on the Mediterranean Sea. It is a capital of the province that bears the same name and is of an average size with population of 200 000 people. In the region is to be found Parque Natural area of Cabo de Gata.
The summers in Almeria are very hot and often exceed 40°C in the shade for the months of July and August. The winters are mild and the temperatures then are around 18°C. Almeria has beautiful beaches and lovely landmarks and is a great holiday destination area.
Arriving at Almeria Airport
The city of Almeria in Spain is served by Almeria Airport, which is the fourth largest airport in the region of Andalusia. Modern and well-organized, Almeria Airport handles domestic and international connections to many airports in the European Union, namely the ones in Amsterdam and Barcelona, in Madrid and Melilla, in London and Birmingham, in Manchester and Dublin, in Brussels, as well as in many airports in Switzerland and Germany.
The airline companies that serve Almeria Airport include Easyjet and Ryanair, as well as Monarch. Further efficient are the flights to Madrid and Malaga, followed by bus trips to Almeria. At the airport terminal, Almeria Airport has all facilities that travelers might require, including several onsite offices of car rental companies. Online booking of an auto hire is possible on the website airportcarrental365 where could be found fantastic car rental deals.
Airport shuttle service is further available to and from the airport when vehicle hire is not an option.
Driving in Almeria
The driving rules in Almeria region are the same that apply for the rest of Spain. Some of the general rules include:
- Driving is on the right and the minimum age for driving a car is 18 years.
- Seatbelts are obligatory for the driver and all passengers.
- Mobile phones and other devices during driving is prohibited, except when with a hands-free device.
- The usage of headphones and earphones is prohibited.
- The number plates of the vehicle should be visible.
- Car horns should not be used for signaling in built-up areas, except for accident preventions.
- It is obligatory for all vehicles to be insured, so when booking a car hire, get a car hire insurance as well.
Things to Do & See in Almeria
Most of the holiday makers who visit Almeria come here for the beaches and the long days of sunshine. The best beaches in the area are Las Salinas and La Almadrava de Monteleva. Besides sunbathing and swimming, the area further offers:
- Natural Park of Cabo de Gata Nijar – which is just outside Almeria and is easily reachable with one of the cheap car rentals. An important natural reserve, the Natural Park of Cabo de Gata Nijar is a volcano area with beautiful isolated coves and marvelous virgin beaches.
- The Alcazaba – that is a Medieval fortress from the 10th century, which has been destroyed by an earthquake in 1522. It features a triple line of walls and lavish gardens.
- The Cathedral – this is a beautiful religious building which resembles a fortress as it has towers, merlons and protected paths. Its original design was for a mosque, but later it was turned into a Christian church. During the 16th century, the church was rebuilt in the Renaissance style.
- The church of Santiago – built in 1533, with tower and portal.
- Chanca – interesting ensemble carved into rocks.