Car Rental OR Tambo Airport: organize a prestige car hire, once you read the published car rental reviews! Online booking of tempting car rental deals at great discounts are available with us! Enjoy your stay in South Africa!
Need to Plan Car Rental OR Tambo Airport?
Economy car rental is now available for online booking through the website AirportCarRental365.com! Car rental reviews and car rental tips will help you make an informative choice on your holiday car hire!
The city of Kempton Park is located in the region of Gauteng. It is served by OR Tambo International Airport. Once an independent municipality in the Transvaal area, now Kempton Park has own municipal government and is part of the Metropolitan municipality Ekurhuleni. The city is positioned in northeastern direction of the largest city in South Africa – Johannesburg and is placed south of Pretoria, the administrative capital.
Kempton Park is a beautiful metropolitan area with many galleries and museums, and often serves as a starting point for trips to the Lion Park north of Johannesburg, the Game Reserve Krugersdorp and the Nature Reserve Rietvlei close to Pretoria.
Arriving at OR Tambo Airport
OR Tambo International Airport is the busiest airport in Africa. It is positioned in Kempton Park settlement, close to the city of Johannesburg. The airport serves domestic and international flights from and to South Africa and has capacity to handle 28 million passengers each year. OR Tambo Airport has direct flights to all continents but Antarctica. It serves as a hub for the biggest air carrier for domestic and international flights – South African Airways and also to a number of smaller local airline companies.
OR Tambo Airport has six airport terminals, including international, domestic and transit terminals. The travelers can use all airport facilities including an airport car parking area. Travelers can reach the city of Kempton Park by airport shuttle. They can also use the available airport car rental. Online booking of tempting car rental deals is also possible on the website airportcarrental365.
Driving in Kempton Park and OR Tambo Airport Area
Driving in South Africa is quite pleasant, as the road infrastructure is very good, the scenery is beautiful and the weather is good. The car rental companies that offer their services in the country are represented in all main airports of South Africa, including OR Tambo Airport. The auto hire can be picked up at one of the airport terminals and then dropped off at another centre. Car hire insurance is required and all major credit cards are accepted. This is what the drivers should know:
- The valid driver’s licenses are accepted in South Africa.
- The driving is on the left side of the road.
- The distances and speed limits are marked in kilometers. The general speed limit on national highways, urban freeways and other major routes is 120km/h; on secondary (rural) roads it is 100km/h and in the built-up areas it is usually 60km/h unless otherwise said.
- The seat belts are compulsory.
- Drinking and driving is prohibited.
Things to Do & See in Kempton Park
Gauteng region, where Kempton Park and OR Tambo Airport are located, is a gateway to South Africa as many lovely destinations are situated a short drive away. These must-visit sites include
- Krugersdorp Game Reserve
- The Lion Park north of Johannesburg
- Rietvlei Nature Reserve, near Pretoria
- The Cradle of Humankind – UNESCO World Heritage Site with plenty of human ancestry fossil finds
- Tswaing Meteorite Crater – very well preserved meteor crater
- Soweto Wine Festival – setting the trends for the best wines in South Africa.
- The region is perfect for rock climbing and for playing golf at Kempton Park Golf Course.