Car Rental Inverness Airport: car rental services are now more affordable than ever! Get your advantage rental car and enjoy a comfortable trip! Stay close to all the landmarks and places of interest in the city of Inverness, Scotland!
What About Getting Car Rental Inverness Airport?
High quality car rental service offered at AirportCarRental365.com website! Check the available offers after reading the car rental reviews and then organize a holiday car hire from Inverness Airport that will suit your needs!
A beautiful city in the very heart of the Scottish Highlands, Inverness is the most northern city in the British Isles and a main center for administration and trade. The settlement is often advertised as the ‘Gateway to the Highlands’ and is considered to be among the fastest growing cities in Europe thanks to the stable development of traditional and new hi-tech industries.
Tourists head to the city of Inverness in the Scottish Highlands for some sightseeing and for the famous Loch Ness, which according to the mythology is the home of the Loch Ness Monster. The lake is positioned south of Inverness and is an obligatory stop for all travelers who visit the city.
Arriving at Inverness Airport
The city is easily reached through the Inverness Airport, which is positioned 15 km east of the city, off the main A96 trunk road. The airport connects the region to the cities of London and Edinburgh, Belfast, Manchester, the islands west and north of Scotland, as well as to many other places that are served by the airports FlyBE and Easyjet, Aer Aran and Eastern Airways, as well as Highland Airways.
Inverness Airport has a well-organized airport terminal with plenty of facilities such as shops, dining places, airport map and airport car parking. Car rental services are also available at the site and in fact many of the car rental companies do have offices onsite the airport. Travelers that prefer to come prepared in advance can make car booking in advance using the website airportcarrental365.
Besides with airport rental, the center of Inverness city can also be reached with a taxi or a public bus.
Driving in Inverness
Driving in Inverness city and the area of the Scottish Highlands can be very pleasant. The drivers should keep in mind though that none of the roads to the city are entirely dual-carriageway. The main roads to Inverness are from Aberdeen on the A96, from South West on the A82 road and from South and North on the A9 road. Some things to keep in mind:
- The driving in Scotland is on the left side of the road.
- Adequate car hire insurance is needed.
- The roads in the center of the city are narrow and built up.
- Available are 2 large multi storey car parks, one beside the bus station and one beside the Eastgate shopping centre.
Things to Do & See in Inverness
There is plenty to be seen and done in the city of Inverness and its roundabouts. Among the most popular attractions are:
- The lovely River Ness placed on the south side of the Moray and the Ness Islands or the Caledonian Canal.
- Loch Ness by Jacobite – with a selection of Inverness tours and cruises on Loch Ness and the Caledonian canal. The cruises run 7 days a week throughout the year.
- In the city of Inverness can be enjoyed golfing, watersports, bicycle rides,
- Inverness features busy music & theatrical scene and there are various venues across the city.
- Scottish Flair – an art gallery placed upstairs of the Riverside Gallery on the banks of the River Ness, where could be seen Victorian and Edwardian art collections.
- Inverness Castle – placed at the end of the western pedestrian zone. The castle was built in 1847 to replace a medieval castle destroyed by the Jacobites.
- Inverness Museum & Art Gallery – great collection of Pictish stones, wildlife dioramas, historic weapons.
- Old High Church – that is the oldest Church in Inverness.
- Ship Space – that is an interactive and evolving museum in Inverness with nautical artefacts & large ships.