Are you looking for a day on the beach, swimming and relaxing, snorkeling or surfing at Copacabana Beach? Or maybe you prefer hiking and wish to enjoy some great views from the top of the Sugarloaf Mountain? If you are into art, what about the museums like the Imperial Museum of Brazil, the Museum of Modern Art, the Museu Nacional de Belas Artes? With so many sites and such a number of activities available in Rio de Janeiro, getting an affordable car hire from the onsite car rental companies seems like a very good idea.
Rio de Janeiro Tourist Attractions
- Copacabana – one a small fishing village, today this neighborhood and its lovely beach has turned into a symbol of the city and a desired place for relaxation for many travelers visiting the city.
- Barra da Tijuca Beach – this is the longest beach in Brazil, which stretches about 18 km from Morro do Joá to the Recreio dos Bandeirantes.
- Prainha Beach – this is a beautiful beach located 52 minutes’ drive southwest from thee center of Rio de Janeiro.
- Morro do Leme – placed along the Atlantic coast, Morro do Leme is an environmentally protected area near Copacabana beach.
- Tijuca National Park – with an araof 32 km, Parque Nacional da Tijuca is the largest urban forest in the world. It is home to hundreds of Amazonian species of plant and animals.
- Botanical Gardens – place for man and nature to reside in perfect harmony. Also known as Jardim Botanica.
Cannot get other user media. API shut down by Instagram. Sorry. Display only your media.
- Sugarloaf Mountain – located in the Guanabar Bay in the Atlantic Ocean, also known as Pao de Acucar, situated at the mouth of Guanabara Bay, it is 396 m. high and is to be found between Urca’s Mountain and Babylon Mountain. The top of this mountain is reached with a cable car known. The views from the top are breathtaking.
- Statue of Christ the Redeemer – included in the new edition of the Seven Wonders of the World. This is the second largest statute of Jesus in the world. In the area is to be seen an abundance of colorful birds and wildlife. The statue is situated at Corcovado, a 710 m high mountain and among the main icons of the city. The panoramic views revealed from the top towards the bay and the city are fantastic.
- Maracanã Stadium – until recently the largest football stadium in the world, this is a great place to watch a football game. Right next to the stadium is available a museum, where one can trace the history of the sport device, and a souvenir shop.
Planning a Trip To Rio de Janeiro
When planning a trip to Rio de Janeiro, travelers should pick the dates, organize their sleeping arrangements and then make car reservation for their holiday car hire. There are two special periods in the year when Rio de Janeiro is full of tourists. These periods are the New Year Eve celebrations and the Carnival in February. If the trip is to be organized at that part of the year, planning in advance is absolutely necessary.
- New Year’s Eve – on 31st December each year, locals and travelers gather together at Copacabana beach to celebrate the coming of the New Year together. There is a 30 min fireworks show, that is very impressive, many street parties, etc.
- Rio Carnival – the carnival in Rio is a two-week event with festive floats, samba dancers, competition between the different samba schools, etc. Samba parades are organized in the center of the city, as well as in the different neighborhoods.
Call us today and we will give you our best car rental quotes!