Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for San Juan Airport Car Rental!
Looking For Car Rental San Juan Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at San Juan Airport.
The capital city and most populous region of Puerto Rico, San Juan is a vastly important and culturally significant city to Puerto Rico, and is the primary tourism and culture hub serving the country.
This has resulted in San Juan becoming an extraordinarily diverse and multicultural city, and this is extremely noticeable after nightfall, when an eclectic mix of bars and restaurants are available for you to visit.
As host to the Central and American Caribbean Games, the Special Olympics and the MLB San Juan Series, San Juan is also immensely popular with sporting enthusiasts and offers an impressive array of facilities catering to this demand.
Arriving San Juan Airport
San Juan Airport is the largest and busiest airport in the Caribbean region and is located only 5km southeast of downtown San Juan. Therefore, taxi cabs travelling from the airport to San Juan City Center can be expected to cost you as low as only $7 – $10.
As a fully privatized international airport, there is a real efficiency and flow to the undertaking of airport processes, and queues for check-in, customs and baggage collection all tend to move at a great speed.
This also applies to the car rental options, which move consistently quickly, even though queues tend to be slightly large, due to a smaller number of car rental options available at the airport.
Previous visitors often remark at just how little time they had to spend waiting around the airport once they arrived.
Driving In San Juan
Driving in San Juan entails a certain level of concentration, as the countryside roads can be tight and quite dangerous. This is not helped by the fact that local drivers do not always pay attention to the speed limit in these areas.
However, the majority of the inner city roads are in a very good condition and the streets are well signed and generally easy to navigate.
Many foreign visitors recommend using the San Juan toll roads to navigate to the various local attractions. While cumulatively a little more expensive, you will find that roads are better maintained and attractions are easier to locate by following this route.
San Juan Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Puerto Rico, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Puerto Rico’s drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In San Juan
- Western Prince Whale Watching – Whale watching is one fo Puerto Rico’s most popular attractions. Find out why on these guided tours.
- Condado Beach – Purto Rico’s most stunning beach and a wonderfully relaxing location in which to spend your vacation.
- Old San Juan – A real taste of San Juan culture, with historical buildings, local markets and traditional restaurants and bars.