Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental San Juan Airport!
Looking For Car Rental San Juan Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at San Juan Airport.
San Juan is the capital city and most populated area of Puerto Rico. The city holds huge significance to Puerto Rico, being a major seaport for the country, as well as its manufacturing, financial, tourism and cultural center.
Because of this, San Juan is a very culturally diverse city. This is amplified even more given how popular the city is with tourists worldwide. The city is a melting pot of historical beauty and modern efficiency, with a jaw dropping skyline at night.
The city is also known for its sporting traditions and has been the host of many major sporting events, including the Central and American Caribbean Games, the Special Olympics and the MLB San Juan Series.
As you would expect, many of the city’s tourist attractions are centred on sporting activities and there is plenty to keep even the most hardened exercise fanatic busy.
Arriving San Juan Airport
San Juan Airport is the busiest airport serving the Caribbean region and is located only 5km southeast of San Juan.
It is the only fully privatized airport in the region, and for this reason there is an efficiency to the airport processes that you would expect to find from an airport primarily aimed at making money and reliant on quick passenger flow.
This efficiency also applies to the car rental processes, which are run extremely efficiently. Though offering slightly fewer options than you may expect, each queue moves extremely quick and you will not be waiting around the airport for too long at all.
Taxi cabs travelling from the airport to San Juan City Center can be expected to cost you around $7 – $10.
Driving In San Juan
Roads in the San Juan countryside can be quite dangerous because there are plenty of narrow bends and steep hills. It is worth pointing out that local drivers may not always slow down for tourists who are unsure of the terrain.
Therefore, driving slightly defensively is a good idea, using a warning beep of your horn to warn drivers just before you turn a corner.
The majority of the city roads are in excellent condition, though as with the countryside, you will find that local drivers have very little patience for careful tourists.
Although there are many good quality roads in San Juan, you will often find it faster and more comfortable to travel on the toll roads. They are fairly cheap, and you can expect to pay around $1.50 for small passenger vehicles.
San Juan Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Puerto Rico, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Puerto Rico’s drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In San Juan
- Western Prince Whale Watching – San Juan is perfect for whale watching with its crisp, blue seas. Let your guide show you exactly how to view these majestic creatures.
- Condado Beach – Possibly the best kept secret in the whole of Puerto Rico. Condado Beach is a little touch of heaven on Earth.
- Old San Juan – For those keen to explore the historical side of San Juan, visit the old town for walking, nightlife, historic buildings and a taste of the San Juan culture.
Restaurants In San Juan – Popular With Visitors
- Marmalade Restaurant And Wine Bar – 317 Fortaleza Street, San Juan 00901, Puerto Rico (Fortaleza Street)
- Bagua Restaurant – 51 Maria Moczo, San Juan 00911, Puerto Rico
- Senor Paleta – 153 Calle de Tetuan | Apt 1-A, San Juan 00902, Puerto Rico