Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Christchurch Airport car rental!
Looking For Christchurch Airport Car Rental?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Christchurch Airport.
Christchurch is the largest city in the South Island region of New Zealand. As one of New Zealand’s most popular tourist-driven cities, Christchurch is a busy hive of foreign visitors and an extremely multicultural local population.
Blessed with the stunning scenery afforded by many New Zealand cities, Christchurch offers a wealth of local attractions for tourists to enjoy, as well as many stunning walking trails for outdoor enthusiasts.
The city also offers a wonderfully distinct nightlife scene, with many restaurants, bars and shopping outlets distributed within the city centre.
With its hot, dry climate and jaw-dropping countryside, it is little wonder that Christchurch continues to be visited by millions of visitors throughout the year.
Going to New Zealand? Do also consider Car Rental Auckland Airport
Arriving Christchurch Airport
Christchurch Airport is the major airport serving the city of Christchurch, in New Zealand. As New Zealand’s 2nd busiest airport, you may often find that airport processes such as check in and baggage collection can be quite slow-moving affairs.
The airport is located approximately 15km from downtown Christchurch, and taxi cabs are likely to cost you around $20-$27 for this journey.
The airport hosts a huge volume of visitors each and every day of the year. For this reason, many airport processes can be slow-moving and you are advised to expect a lengthy wait upon arrival at the airport.
If you are seeking Christchurch Airport car rental, you will find a direct shuttle to the rental car areas, where queues tend to be long, but fairly fast-moving in general.
Driving In Christchurch
It is important to start with the fact that driving in Christchurch can be very busy. As one of New Zealand’s most visited cities, the volume of traffic on the road can sometimes be overwhelming.
With that said, you will probably need a Christchurch Airport car rental to experience all that the city has to offer. The city offers many local tourist attractions and public transport fails to serve every one of them.
Car parking in the city centre can be found quite inexpensively, with generally good availability. Most city centre car parks are also securely guarded, for extra peace of mind with your rental car.
Christchurch Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in New Zealand, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- New Zealanders drive on the left side of the road. Only use the right lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Christchurch
- Adventure Wonderland – One of New Zealand’s most popular attractions, this amusement and theme park is the perfect family day out.
- International Antarctic Centre – A fascinating attraction, with exhibitions, shows and an excellent Antarctic museum.
- Orano Wildlife Park – A stunning wildlife park, set against a luxurious backdrop. With hundreds of animals, feeding sessions and live shows throughout the day.