Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for cheap car rental Auckland Airport!
Looking for Cheap Car Rental Auckland Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Auckland Airport.
Auckland is the largest and most densely populated urban area in New Zealand. It is repeatedly named as one of the top 5 cities in the world in which to live, due to its high standard of living and strong economic structure.
Like New Zealand in general, Auckland is famous for its mountainous terrains and breathtaking scenery. It is a popular holiday destination for hikers and lovers of the natural world, as well as tourists who wish to take in all of Auckland’s numerous visitor attractions.
The Auckland climate can grow almost unbearably hot in the summer months, but does become noticeably cooler as you head into early Autumn.
Arriving at Auckland Airport
Auckland Airport is the largest and busiest airport in New Zealand. The airport is one of the largest employment resources in Auckland, and for this reason the airport offers genuinely friendly staff, who are always keen to make your various travelling processes as quick and efficient as possible.
Due to the size of the airport, there are numerous restaurants and shopping outlets on offer, and most are priced reasonably inexpensively. The airport also offers live entertainment 2-3 times per day, including a children’s choir, dancing and magic shows.
Car rental queues are run as efficiently as the other airport processes and tend to move quickly. They are therefore normally free from congestion and long waits.
Taxi cabs travelling from the airport to Auckland City Center can be expected to cost you around $15-$20.
Driving around Auckland
If you’re used to driving in the city, then you should take extra care when driving on Auckland’s open country roads.
Auckland has a very good motorway system and most of the major road networks are in good condition. but weather extremes, the terrain and narrow secondary roads and bridges require drivers to be very vigilant, particularly for 1st time drivers to the city.
Due to the mountainous Auckland terrain, and the fact that you can go many miles without even seeing another car, it is recommended that you use an updated GPS system to more easily navigate around Auckland.
Driving Tips Aucklad
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- Do not overtake where there are double yellow lines. These indicate that it is too dangerous to overtake.
- As with elsewhere in New Zealand, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- New Zealanders drive on the left side of the road. Only use the right lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
What To Do In Auckland
- Snowplanet – One of the largest indoor snow facilities in the world, have a go at skiing, tobogganing and much more at Snowplanet.
- Stardome And The Auckland Observatory – Auckland’s clear night skies are a perfect location for this facility, fascinating for children and adults alike.
- Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium – One of New Zealand’s largest aquariums with a huge display of exotic and rare sea creatures.
Popular Restaurants In Auckland
- The French Cafe – 210 Symonds Street, Auckland 1001, New Zealand
- Raja’s Indian Bar And Restaurant – 309 Botany Road | Unit 9, Auckland 2013, New Zealand
- Sea Cow On The Bay – 33 Tamaki Drive | Mission Bay, Auckland, New Zealand