Car Rental Dunedin Airport, organize your prestige car hire to get the best of your stay in this beautiful city of New Zealand!
Are You in Need of Car Rental Dunedin Airport?
Booking an auto hire at AirportCarRental365.com is simple. Inform us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Dunedin Airport.
The second largest city of New Zealand is Dunedin, situated in Otago region. It is also one of the major ports to be found on the South Island of the country. Often named ‘Edinburgh’ of the South, the city is very proud of its Scots heritage. An important University town, Dunedin is named after the old Gaelic word for Edinburgh. Its symbol is the Victorial railway building, which is the second most photographed construction in this part of the world.
Arriving at Dunedin Airport
The city is served by the Dunedin Airport, which operates domestic and international as well. It is situated on the Taieri Plains, approximately 30 km southwest of the city. The airport operates one terminal and offers domestic and regular international flights to Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch, Wanaka, Queenstown, Invercargill, Brisbane. The local airline companies that operate from here are Air New Zealand, Jetstar and Virgin Australia.
Onsite the airport terminal are available many facilities, including airport shuttle services and airport rentals. On the website airportcarrental365 the holiday makers can make a detailed research of the car hire options and make a car hire comparison, in order to get an economy car rental for the time of their stay.
Driving in Dunedin
New Zealand has open country roads that form proper motorway system, but weather extremes, many bridges and narrow secondary roads, thus even the experienced drivers of rental vehicles need to be careful. Here are some driving rules they will find efficient:
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- Keep on or below the legal speed limits shown on the road signs. The maximum speed on the open road is 100 km/h. The maximum speed in the urban areas is 50 km/h.
- Do not pass other cars where there are double yellow lines – this means that it is too dangerous to overtake.
- Drivers and passengers should always wear seat belts or child restraints, on front and on rear seats.
- Drinking and driving is a crime and it is strictly enforced by police, with severe penalties applied.
- The road signs use international symbols and the distances are in kilometers.
Things To Do & See in Dunedin
The city of Dunedin is the seventh largest city in New Zealand, but one of the main cities for historic, cultural and geographic reasons. Here are just some of the things that could be done and seen here:
- Visit of Cadbury World – there are guided tours available of the Cadbury Chocolate Factory.
- Visit Speights Brewery, which is a landmark of the city since 1876. Guided tours are offered and they include beer tasting at the end.
- Enjoy a walk on the Octagon – this is the city center, it is very busy with many businesses and shops around.
- Take a photo at the poet Robert Burns statue – it is more than a hundred years old and is cats b a famous sculptor from Edinburgh.
- Go to the Royal Albatross Colony – the only mainland nesting site of the albatross in the world.
- See a rugby or soccer game at the Forsyth Barr Stadium.
- Swim and enjoy the sunshine at the Tunnel beach.
- Enjoy a day at Otago Peninsula – visit the scenic coastline and the beautiful Allans Beach, to see sea lions, seals and other beautiful sea creatures.
- Larnach Castle – this is often advertised as the only castle in New Zealand. In fact it is rather a manor and is quite beautiful, placed in the southern suburbs of Dunedin.
- Take a stroll on the Dunedin Botanical Gardens where can be seen many themed garden areas such as Rhododendron, Azalea and Rose Gardens.