Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for cheap Car Rental Auckland Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Auckland Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Auckland Airport.
As the largest city in New Zealand, Auckland is often ranked as one of the most ‘livable’ cities in the world – its booming economy ensuring that unemployment levels are kept low and that the local population is helpful and welcoming towards its foreign visitors.
The city’s mountainous landscape and natural beauty ensures that Auckland remains a popular holiday destination for outdoor enthusiasts, and offers a host of local attractions, particularly aimed at families, for those looking to fill up their days in the city.
The Auckland nightlife is also famous throughout New Zealand, and you will surely want to experience a taste of this during your stay.
Arriving Auckland Airport
The largest and airport in New Zealand, Auckland Airport is renowned for its genuinely friendly staff, and its airport processes are among the quickest in the country.
There is a fantastic choice of restaurants, bars and shopping outlets on offer, with a wide diversity and variable price ranges.
Car rental queues are reputed as some of the fastest-moving in New Zealand and you can be assured of only a short wait in the airport before being on your way to your accommodation.
Taxi cabs from the airport to downtown Auckland can be expected to charge you around $15-$20 for the journey.
Driving In Auckland
Driving in Auckland can be generally enjoyable for the first time driver to New Zealand, as the major road networks are in excellent condition and there is plenty of clear street signage for foreign visitors to the city.
Because of the mountainous Auckland terrain, however, it is recommended that you use an updated GPS system to more easily navigate around Auckland, and speak to a couple of the local people for tips on driving through these regions.
The city employs a very efficient public transport system, and many visitors tend to use this while travelling to the local attractions.
Auckland Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- Do not overtake where there are double yellow lines. These indicate that it is too dangerous to overtake.
- As with elsewhere in New Zealand, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- New Zealanders drive on the left side of the road. Only use the right lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Auckland
- Butterfly Creek – With thousands of New Zealand’s rarest and exotic butterfly species, this is a stunning attraction for nature enthusiasts.
- Ecozip Adventures – Young adults love this zipline and aerial adventure park – perfect for adrenaline junkies.
- Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium –With a huge display of exotic and rare sea creatures, this large aquarium is one of Auckland’s favourite attractions.
Restaurants In Auckland
- The French Cafe – 210 Symonds Street, Auckland 1001, New Zealand
- Clooney Restaurant – 33 Sale Street | Freeman’s Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
- The Grove – Wyndham St, Auckland 1001, New Zealand