Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for cheap Auckland Airport Car Rental!
Looking For Car Rental Auckland Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Auckland Airport.
Auckland is by far the largest city in New Zealand. It is often ranked as one of the top 5 cities in the world in which to live, due to its high standard of living and strong economic structure, which ensures that unemployment levels are low and that the local population is extremely helpful and welcoming.
Auckland offers many stunning photo opportunities, and is famous for its mountainous terrains and jawdropping scenery.
This ensures that the city remains a popular holiday destination for hikers and outdoor enthusiasts, as well as more ‘city orientated’ tourists who wish to take in all of Auckland’s numerous visitor attractions. These are growing by the year, as the city aims to become a real hub of tourism for the country.
Do also consider : Car Rental Christchurch Airport
Arriving Auckland Airport
Auckland Airport is the largest and busiest airport in the whole of New Zealand. The airport is filled with genuinely friendly staff, who seek to ensure that your journey through the airport is undertaken as swiftly and as efficiently as possible.
Due to the size of the airport, there is an abundance of restaurants, bars and shopping outlets on offer, and most are very reasonably priced.
The airport also offers live entertainment 2-3 times per day throughout the day, including a children’s choir, dancing and magic shows.
Car rental queues are run as efficiently as the other airport processes and tend to move quickly.
Taxi cabs from the airport to Auckland City Center can be expected to charge you around $15-$20 for the journey.
Driving In Auckland
Driving in Auckland is generally an enjoyable experience, as most of the major road networks are in good condition and amply signed for foreign visitors.
However, narrow secondary roads and numerous tight bridges require drivers to be extra careful when navigating these routes.
Due to the mountainous Auckland terrain, and the fact that you can go many miles without even seeing another car during these routes, it is recommended that you use an updated GPS system to more easily navigate around Auckland, although you will also find that the local people are extremely friendly and willing to give you a helping hand.
The public transport system is also very efficient and you may wish to consider using this instead of your rental car to visit the local attractions.
Auckland Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- Do not overtake where there are double yellow lines. These indicate that it is too dangerous to overtake.
- As with elsewhere in New Zealand, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- New Zealanders drive on the left side of the road. Only use the right lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Auckland
- Butterfly Creek – A stunning natural attraction, filled to the brim with some of New Zealand’s rarest and exotic butterfly species.
- Ecozip Adventures – Fantastic zipline and aerial adventure parks which is perfect for teenagers and young adults.
- Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium – One of New Zealand’s largest aquariums with a huge display of exotic and rare sea creatures.
Restaurants In Auckland
- The French Cafe – 210 Symonds Street, Auckland 1001, New Zealand
- Clooney Restaurant – 33 Sale Street | Freeman’s Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
- The Grove – Wyndham St, Auckland 1001, New Zealand