Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Albany Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Albany Airport?
Albany is the state capital of New York and is approximately the 58th most populated city in the US, according to recent studies.
As with other New York cities, Albany boasts a multicultural diversity unlike anywhere else in the US, and this is reflected in the shopping outlets, restaurants and street entertainment that is on offer throughout the day.
Based within driving distance of the recognizable New York attractions, Albany is becoming increasingly popular with foreign visitors and is one of America’s fastest-growing tourist driven cities.
Arriving Albany Airport
Albany Airport serves the district of Albany, located in the popular US state of New York. It is one of the smaller airports servicing New York, and is located approximately 6km from downtown Albany.
Because it is a fairly small airport, restaurants and shopping outlets are kept to a minimum, but this is more than compensated for by the speedy check-in, security and baggage collection procedures that the airport offers, with some of the friendliest and most helpful staff in New York employed by the airport.
This also applies to the car rental queues and staff, and you will rarely be waiting around for long before leaving the airport in your rental car.
Taxi cabs from the airport to downtown Albany can be expected to charge around $8-$12 for the journey.
Driving In Albany
Driving in Albany is generally considered extremely easy, despite the volume of traffic which passes through the city on a daily basis.
Roads are well-maintained and street signage is clear, comprehensive ant takes tourist needs into consideration.
Downtown Albany offers relatively simple access to many local restaurants and attractions, without the need to take public transport.
The Wolf Road area is typically recognized as the most prominent commercial strip in the city, but navigation and traffic volumes remain consistently manageable throughout the day.
Albany Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Albany
- New York State Museum – New York’s primary history museum – learn all you need to know about possibly the most famous state in the world.
- New York State Capital – Stunning architecture and impressive landscapes make this government building district a must-see for any visitor.
- USS Slater – Take a tour aboard the USS Slater and let your guide explain the historic and military significance of Albany in intrinsic detail.
Restaurants In Albany– Popular With Visitors
- Athos Restaurant – 1814 Western Ave, Albany, NY 12203-4602
- New World Bistro Bar – 300 Delaware Ave, Albany, NY 12209-1627
- Yono’s Restaurant – 300 Delaware Ave, Albany, NY 12209-1627