Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Cancun Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Cancun Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Cancun Airport.
A southeastern Mexican city, Cancun is an extremely popular tourist location and millions of foreign visitors arrive in the city throughout the year.
An impressively diverse and multicultural city, this becomes even more noticeable after nightfall, when an eclectic mix of bars and restaurants are available for you to visit until the early hours of the morning.
With a hot, sunny climate throughout the majority of the year, as well as stunning beaches and picturesque landscapes, Cancun is a visually beautiful city and one of Mexico’s most well-loved tourist locations.
Arriving Cancun Airport
Cancun Airport is Mexico’s 2nd largest airport and is located approximately 7km form the city centre. Therefore, taxi cabs travelling from the airport to the city centre can be expected to cost you as low as only $10 – $15, and taxi availability is usually very good from directly outside of the terminals.
There is a real efficiency and flow to the undertaking of airport processes, and queues for check-in, customs and baggage collection all tend to move at a great speed.
This also applies to the car rental options, which move consistently quickly, even though queues tend to be slightly large, due to a smaller number of car rental options available at the airport.
Previous visitors often remark at just how little time they had to spend waiting around the airport once they arrived.
Driving In Cancun
Driving in Cancun entails a certain level of concentration, as the countryside roads can be tight and quite dangerous. This is not helped by the fact that local drivers do not always pay attention to the speed limit in these areas.
However, the majority of the inner city roads are in a very good condition and the streets are well signed and generally easy to navigate.
Many foreign visitors recommend using the Cancun toll roads to navigate to the various local attractions. While cumulatively a little more expensive, you will find that roads are better maintained and attractions are easier to locate by following this route.
Cancun Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Mexico, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Mexicans drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Cancun
- Coco Bongo Cancun – Cancun’s most popular bar and nightclub, and the centre of the city’s vibrant nightlife scene.
- Aquaworld – A fantastic waterpark with thrilling water rides – just what you’ll need in the summer Cancun sun.
- Playa Delfines – Cancun’s most popular beach, with beach bars, long, golden sands and clear blue water stretching all the way to the horizon.
Restaurants In Cancun
- Peter’s Restaurante – Ave. Bonampak, Between Sierra & Robalo only 200′ from Hotel Zone entrance, Cancun 77500, Mexico
- La Dolce Vita Centro – Av. Coba 87, SM 3, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Av. Nader)
- Les Cepages – Plaza Nichupte Local 15, Downtown, Cancun 77505, Mexico