Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Cancun Airport car rental!
Looking For Cancun Airport Car Rental?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Cancun Airport.
Cancun is an extremely popular tourist city located in Mexico. It is host to millions of foreign visitors throughout the year and is one of Mexico’s most popular cities.
As one of the country’s most multicultural cities, the city offers a fantastic nightlife scene, with an eclectic mix of bars, restaurants and shopping outlets available for you to choose from.
The city offers a hot, sunny and dry climate, as well as glorious beaches, stunning coastline views and picturesque architectural structures. During the summer months, there is a wonderful carnival-like atmosphere to the city with many annual festivals held during this time.
Arriving Cancun Airport
As Mexico’s 2nd largest airport, Cancun Airport is based approximately 7km from the city centre. Taxi cabs to the city centre are likely to cost you around $10 – $15, with good availability from directly outside of the terminals.
The airport also offers free wi-fi connection for all of its visitors, and is generally considered one of Mexico’s most popular airports.
There is a real efficiency and flow to the undertaking of airport processes, and queues for check-in, customs and baggage collection all tend to move at a great speed.
If you are seeking Cancun Airport Car Rental, you will find that rental car queues move very quickly, even though queues tend to be slightly large, due to a smaller number of car rental options available, considering the overall size of the airport.
There is a wide range of Mexican and international-themed restaurants, bars and shopping outlets for you to visit upon arrival, though these can tend to be on the expensive side.
Driving In Cancun
To experience all that Cancun has to offer, you will certainly need to consider a Cancun Airport car rental. Be warned, however, that driving in Cancun requires a good deal of concentration, as the countryside roads can be extremely tight and quite dangerous.
This is not always helped by the fact that local drivers do not always pay attention to the speed limit in these areas. You are advised to ignore these drivers, and simply to concentrate on your own driving.
However, the majority of the inner city roads are in a very good condition and the streets are well signed and generally easy to navigate for tourists.
Many foreign visitors recommend using the Cancun toll roads to navigate to the various local attractions. While cumulatively a little more expensive over the length of your holiday, you will find that roads are better maintained and attractions are easier to locate by following these routes.
Cancun Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Mexico, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Mexicans drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Cancun
- Coco Bongo Cancun – Cancun’s most popular bar and nightclub, and the centre of the city’s vibrant nightlife scene.
- Aquaworld – A fantastic waterpark with thrilling water rides – just what you’ll need in the summer Cancun sun.
- Playa Delfines – Cancun’s most popular beach, with beach bars, long, golden sands and clear blue water stretching all the way to the horizon.
Restaurants In Cancun
- Peter’s Restaurante – Ave. Bonampak, Between Sierra & Robalo only 200′ from Hotel Zone entrance, Cancun 77500, Mexico
- La Dolce Vita Centro – Av. Coba 87, SM 3, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Av. Nader)
- Les Cepages – Plaza Nichupte Local 15, Downtown, Cancun 77505, Mexico
We recommend you to visit the following destinations, after you have hired a car in Cancun: Chichen Itza (Mayan archaeological site), Isla Mujeres (The Island of Woman) or perhaps sightseeing in El Ray Ruins?