Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Car Rental Penang Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Penang Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Penang Airport.
Penang is a major state situated in Malaysia and is a highly urbanised and industrialised city. It is also an increasingly popular tourist-centred city and the Malaysian Government has recently invested heavily in a plethora of tourist attractions in order to cement this reputation.
Penang is one of the most developed and economically important states in the country. Its heterogeneous population is highly diverse in ethnicity, culture, language, and religion, resulting in a vibrant atmosphere dissimilar to any other found in Malaysia.
The city has a tropical climate, and it is advisable to check weather patterns before booking your visit, as the area does experience an infamous monsoon season which is generally to be avoided.
Arriving Penang Airport
Penang Airport is the main service provider for Penang Island in Malaysia, and is located around 14km from Downtown Penang. Taxi cabs from Penang Airport to the city center can be expected to cost in the region of $15-$20.
The airport has recently been renovated and is fairly modern in terms of appearance and process efficiency.
However, there are very few restaurants and shopping facilities available and the airport is known to have a fairly high ‘pickpocketing’ crime rate.
Keep your valuables secure and be extra vigilant with your belongings while passing through the airport.
Driving In Penang
Roads and major highways in Penang are generally in a good condition and are extremely well-lit for late night driving.
However, road signage can be almost non-existent in places, and an updated GPS system is a necessity in order to navigate the city and surrounding areas.
Driving in Penang is not for the faint-hearted. Overtaking by native drivers is likely to occur on either side of the road and the local drivers do not seem to take into consideration the fact that you may be a visitor to the city or a first time Malaysian driver.
Taking these factors into account, you will need to drive more carefully than usual and the situation is slightly easier when you leave the heart of the city center and explore the outskirts and surrounding areas of Penang.
Penang Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Malaysia, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Malaysian cars drive on the left side of the road. Only use the right lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
- Road signage in Penang is generally poor. Ensure you have an updated GPS system in order to more easily navigate the city.
Things To Do In Penang
- Escape Adventure Play – A popular indoor and outdoor play area for children, with a full days’ entertainment to be easily had.
- Penang Butterfly Farm – A huge collection of both Malaysian and international butterflies, as well as several rare and exotic species.
- Penang National Park – A huge national park, with beaches, play areas and a forest trail located right next to the sea.
Restaurants In Penang – Popular With Visitors
- Kebaya – 2-16 Stewart Lane, Georgetown, George Town, Penang Island 10200, Malaysia
- Andrew’s Kampung – Batu Ferringhi, 2nd Floor Eden Parade, Penang Island, Malaysia
- Ferringhi Grill – Batu Ferringhi Beach, Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa, Batu Ferringhi, Penang Island 11100, Malaysia
Car rental Penang Airport provides you the best deals! Rent a car today and drive all the way to Kualu Lumpur!