Car Hire Malaysia
Excellent car rental services and fast car reservation available by the car hire companies, operating on the territory of Malaysia! Get the best holiday car hire!
Situated in Southeastern Asia, one part of Malaysia is placed on a peninsula of the Asian mainland and another part – on the northern part of Borneo island. The country borders Thailand, Singapore, the Straits of Malacca and the South China Sea, Brunei and Indonesia.
Malaysia is a land of controversies, a mixture of modernity and nation in process of development. The country invests in high technology industries, backed up by its moderate oil wealth which makes it one of the rich nations in Southeast Asia. The society in Malaysia is multicultural, comprising of Malays, Chinese, Indian, Portuguese, etc. It is also a land with many religions and faiths.
The climate in the country is tropical with plenty of warm days, as the country is placed close to the equator. The temperatures are around 32°C during the day and 26°Cduring the night. As a rule there are many days of sunshine, interrupted by the Monsoon season between the months of November and February.
The country has plenty to offer to the holiday-makers and the sightseeing travelers. The most convenient and comfortable way to explore all places of interest is by making a car reservation using one of the tempting car rental deals, provided by the local and the international car rental companies operating on the territory of Malaysia.
The biggest cities in Malaysia
Malaysia can be divided into five main regions and has several large cities that provoke the interest of the travelers. All those cities can be explored with the advantage rental car options. The settlements that deserve to be seen include:
- Kuala Lumpur – that city is the multi-cultural capital of Malaysia and site of the Petronas Towers
- George Town – without any doubt, that is the food and cultural capital of Penang area
- Kuantan – this settlement is the capital of Pahang and is also considered the commercial center of the east coast
- Kota Kinabalu – the settlement is placed close to the tropical islands and comes with Mount Kinabalu and a vast rain forest
- Johor Bahru – this is the capital city of Johor and it also serves as a gateway to Singapore
- Ipoh – this city is capital of Perak and has a historic colonial old town
- Malacca – that is the historical city of Malaysia, which has interesting colonial-style architecture
- Miri – that is the resort city of Sarawak. It also serves as a gateway to Gunung Mulu National Park, being UNESCO World Heritage Site
Driving in Malaysia
In Malaysia the land crossings possible are from Kalimantan and Brunei to Sarawak, and from southern Thailand and Singapore into the peninsular part of Malaysia. The drivers of automobile hire require an international driver’s permit. Those who plan to make a car booking for their trip in the country will be pleased to find out that West Malaysia is among the best places in Asia to drive the open roads. The expressways and the highways are very well maintained and have many places that provide food and gas. Tolls are to be paid on expressways and they come at varying degrees.
The local roads apply the British system, which means that the vehicles are on the left and the steering wheel of the cars are on the right. The speed limit on the highways is 110 km/h. The drivers are not very aggressive yet they do not like when being held up on the highways. Using a GPS when driving the holiday car hire is advisable, yet even with that device getting lost is possible.
Car rental tips for Malaysia (insider tips)
In general the driving habits of the local people in Malaysia are better compared to those in other countries in Southeast Asia. Even so, at night the locals usually disregard the red light on the left turns and this often puts the pedestrians at risk.
When driving an auto hire in the large cities, some extra care is advisable. Making a car booking for an economy car rental is needed for those who want to explore the country, as often that is the only way possible to do that. The local offices of car rental companies offer car hire insurance. Airport rentals are also available at the terminals.
In addition to the big cities that need to be seen in Malaysia as they have plenty to offer, the travelers should also get holiday car hire to see these interesting places as well:
- Fraser’s Hill – interesting site, presenting the atmosphere of the colonial era
- Cameron Highlands – interesting site, famous for the tea plantations
- Langkawi – that archipelago comprises of 99 islands. They are famous for their beaches, mountains and rainforest, as well as for the mangrove estuaries. The island is a duty-free spot.
- Penang – this lovely island is known as the “Pearl of the Orient”. It has delightful cuisine and rich colonial heritage.
- Kinabalu National Park – in that park is located the Mount Kinabalu, which is the tallest mountain in South East Asia.
- Taman Negara National Park – this park features a large zone of rainforest.
- Perhentian Islands – these islands are very tempting for the holiday makers and are pleasant to be explored with the affordable car hire.
- Refand – that island is the perfect spot for the scuba divers.
- Tioman – that island of Malaysia has been nominated to be one of the most beautiful islands on earth.
Did you know?
- Malaysia has 65 877 km of highway.
- Kuala Lumpur Tower is 421 m high, making it the tallest in Southeast Asia and the fourth tallest in the world.
- The third longest bridge in Asia is Penang Bridge with its length of 13.7 km.
- Sarawak Chamber in Gunung Mulu National Park is the largest cave chamber in the world.
- In Belum rainforest are to be found more Malayan tigers per square kilometer than in any other animal sanctuary in the country.
- In Malaysia live 14 500 species of flowering plants and trees, as well as 600 species of bids, more than 200 species of mammals, 60 species of lizards and 140 species of snakes.
- The oldest English school in Southeast Asia is Penang Free School, which was founded in 1816 by Rev. Sparke Hutchings.