Car Rental Riga Airport: look at the car rental coupons that are available and then make a reservation for an automobile hire that meets your needs! Enjoy a carefully planned stay in Riga, Latvia!
How To Organize Car Rental Riga Airport?
Car rental companies that work with the website AirportCarRental365.com are offering very good discounts for online booking of rental vehicles! Read the car rental reviews and then make an auto hire reservation at Riga Airport!
Capital of Latvia and largest city in the Baltic States area, the city of Riga is home to almost one third of the population in the country. It beautifully lies at the mouth of Daugava River, on the Gulf of Riga. Travelers love to visit Riga for its beautiful Art Nouveau architecture, which makes it one of the most beautiful European settlements. It has a tempting old town, included in the World Heritage Site List of UNESCO, but also features plenty of wonderful dining places and fantastic nightlife clubbing scene. Riga is quite a vast city and its landmarks are best to be explored by an economy car rental.
Arriving at Riga Airport
The capital of Latvia is served by Riga International Airport, which is positioned approximately 10 km from the center in southwestern direction. The airport serves more than five million passengers each year which makes it the busiest airport in Eastern Europe. The biggest air carrier that operates here is Air Baltic, offering connections to numerous European cities. Low-cost carriers also operate in the area. Riga Airport features an airport terminal with all facilities needed, including airport car parking and offices of different car rental companies. Besides airport rental, the travelers can also use the airport shuttle services.
Travelers are also welcome to organize their auto hire through the website airportcarrental365, which offers unbeatable car rental deals.
Driving in Riga
Driving in Riga is safe and is possible when the drivers have reached 18 years of age and when they have driving license. The authorities in Riga recognize all driving licenses issued in the countries from the European Union. Here are some of the rules that are applied:
- Wearing of seatbelts is compulsory on all seats that are equipped with a belt.
- The kids under 150 cm of height should use a special seat or a seat belt for adults.
- The allowed speed limits are 50 km/h for the urban areas, 90 km/h on the normal roads and 100 km/h on the dual carriageways.
- Drinking and driving is not an option. The allowed limit for drivers is 0.05% alcohol in the blood.
- Parking in the city center of Riga requires payment of a fee. Parking is for free at the underground parking area of the shopping center Olympia, which is placed 10 m walk from the Old Town of the city.
- The Old Town is closed for cars and parking an auto hire is not allowed.
Things to Do & See in Riga
River Daugava divides Riga into two parts and the Old Town is positioned in the centre of the city, on the eastern part of the river. Most of the landmarks are situated in that part of the city, as well as in the area around the Freedom Monument. Other interesting districts are to be found over the Stone Bridge and these are Agenskalns and Tornakalns. Among the must see places in Riga should be mentioned:
- Riga Cathedral – dating back to 1207 and being one of the symbols of Riga. It features an organ and a Spartan interior.
- St. Peter’s Church – dating to 1209, it is the oldest church in the city. It has an elevator to the tower wherefrom are revealed fabulous views towards Riga.
- Porcelain Museum – the place tells the history of porcelain in Riga through the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Museum of the Occupation of Latvia – an austere black building that houses a museum of Latvia’s life under both the Nazi and Soviet occupations. It has a free entrance. (latitude,)