Catania Airport Car Rental: tempting car rental deals at great discount prices! Travelers welcome to see the holiday car hire options and then choose for themselves! Plan in advance your trip to Sicily!
Do You Need Catania Airport Car Rental? Call Us!
Useful car rental tips and great holiday car hire available at AirportCarRental365.com website! Read the car rental reviews and organize your car prestige car hire from Catania Airport!
Situated on the eastern coast of Sicily, the city of Catania is placed at the foot of the biggest volcano in Europe, Mount Etna. Catania is the second largest city on the island of Sicily and an important transport center. The city of Catania is facing the Ionian Sea, and is placed between the cities of Syracuse and Messina.
Catania is known as an economic center, a University city and a busy downtown zone with very active nightlife. Catania city has special baroque architecture and nice urban design, a variety of landscape and plenty of festivals. The city is part of the World Heritage Site of UNESCO.
Arriving at Catania Airport
Catania-Fontanaross Airport, which serves the area, handles scheduled and charter planes from many domestic locations throughout Italy and numerous other from Europe. The airport is large, modern and very well organized. It features an airport terminal that comes with various facilities such as several shops, cafes, eating places and even a hotel, as well as an airport car parking. In order to reach the city center, the travelers can use the airport shuttle service and airport rental that is provided by the onsite offices of the car rental companies.
The center of the city is also reached through the service of a public bus.
Driving in Catania
Catania has a nice and compact city center and is easy to explore on foot. The travelers should know that the usage of public transport can be quite problematic and that the metro line is short and currently under construction. The drivers can expect traffic jams, especially during the working days.
For all those reasons, the best way for the travelers to explore the city and the surrounding area, including the villages on the slopes of Mount Etna, is by getting one of the car rental deals. Holiday car hire is also needed for trips along the coast to the settlements of Acitrezza, Acicastello and Acireale.
Things to Do & See in Catania
The city of Catania has many interesting landmarks that should be seen, among which being:
- The Baroque architecture in the centre
- The large fish market located in a beautiful setting off Piazza del Duomo
- The lively food and clothes market off Via Etnea
- Mount Etna, which has already reshaped the city several times
- The Elephant Fountain – in Piazza Duomo, dating back to the 17th century
- La Plaja – sandy beaches south of the city, placed along the bay
- Riviera dei Ciclopi – that is a rocky, volcano coast placed north of the city, stretching to Taormina
- The baroque Piazza del Duomo with its attractive Elephant Fountain, the symbol of the city and the main shopping street via Etnea.
- Piazza Stesicoro – with ruins of the Roman Amphitheatre and entrance to the main market Mercato de la Fiera.
- Teatro Massimo – a 19th century opera house in Piazza Teatro, and a main meeting for the local young people. This neighborhood is very lively and busy by night.
- The Benedictine monastery – now hosting the oldest in Sicily Faculty of Literature of the University of Catania. That building was one of the biggest monasteries in Europe. Adjacent is the unfinished church of San Nicolo, which was supposed to be the biggest in Sicily.
- In Sicily are organized the 3-day long St. Agata Festival.