Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Pisa Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Pisa Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Pisa Airport.
Based in the popular tourist region of Tuscany in Italy, Pisa is one of Italy’s most popular tourism-orientated cities. With golden beaches, stunning coastal beauty and incredible nightlife scene, the city becomes a hub of tourist activity during the summer months.
Pisa also boasts one of the world’s most recognizable and highly visited landmarks in the world-famous Leaning Tower Of Pisa.
The city also remains incredibly warm during the spring and autumn months and many visitors take advantage of this by visiting at these times when the city is not quite as busy.
A city filled with historical architectural beauty, Pisa’s historic regions are also popular with foreign visitors and proves the point that the city really does cater to all age groups and cultural interests.
Do also consider renting a car at Car Rental Bergamo Airport
Arriving Pisa Airport
Located only 10km from downtown Pisa, the city’s airport is the 6th busiest in the whole of Spain, and taxi cabs from the airport to the heart of the city can be expected to cost around $15-$20 for the journey.
The airport becomes incredibly busy during the summer months, although it becomes far quieter out of season, and does not offer the same all-year-round busyness experienced by other Italian airports, such as Rome or Naples.
Therefore, you can expect lengthy waits during peak tourist season, but a swift journey through the airport at all other times. Many visitors take advantage of Pisa’s hot spring and autumn seasons by visiting the city during these quieter periods.
Car rental options are numerous and tend to move quickly, except in the stipulated busy periods, and there are numerous many bars, restaurants and shopping facilities available for visitors.
Driving In Pisa
Complimenting the relaxed and easy-going nature of the city perfectly, Pisa is a much more enjoyable driving experience than many other major Italian cities, such as Rome and Naples.
While you will probably need a rental car to navigate to all of Pisa’s attractions, many are in close proximity of each other, and it is recommended that you use the excellent public transport system when visiting the heart of the city centre to avoid traffic congestion at busy times.
Many of Pisa’s more modern road networks are well-maintained and clearly signed for tourists.
Just be warned that the city’s more historical areas can be quite confusing to drive in, and an updated GPS system will make your life far easier when driving through these areas.
Pisa Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Italy, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Italian cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Pisa
- Leaning Tower Of Pisa – One of the world’s most recognizable landmarks and famous photo opportunities. No visit to Pisa is complete without a trip to this famous site.
- Duomo Pisa – A site of huge historical and religious to Pisa, filled with glorious architectural structures.
- Volterra – The cultural centre of Pisa, with an array of theatres, museums and restaurants available for you to choose from.
Restaurants In Pisa
- L’ostellino – Piazza Cavallotti,1, 56126 Pisa, Italy
- Gusto Giusto – Via Cottolengo, 25, 56125 Pisa, Italy
- Gusto Al 129 – Via Santa Bibbiana 10, Domenica Chiuso, 56127 Pisa, Italy
If you rent a car at AirportCarrental365.com you can easily reach the historic site of Volterra, which is just half an hour drive from Pisa.