Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Bergamo Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Bergamo Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Bergamo Airport.
Bergamo is a city based in the Italian state of Lombardy. The city is famous for being based right at the edge of the Alps mountain range and is Lombardy’s 2nd most highly visited city, after Milan.
The city is also famous for its two ‘city centres’, one of which focuses on the more medieval, historic side to the city, and the other focusing on the more modern, tourism side of Bergamo.
While Bergamo does offer many local attractions for tourists, most of its attractions are based on the more cultural aspects of the city, such as its many cathedrals, museums and libraries. As one of Italy’s oldest and most historically prevalent cities, Bergamo remains a popular tourist location for foreign visitors to Italy.
Arriving Bergamo Airport
Bergamo Airport is located only 2km from downtown Bergamo. Taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can therefore be found extremely cheaply, and there is always good availability from the airport terminals.
A small airport by international standards, it also operates very inexpensively and is hugely popular with low-cost airlines. If you are looking for car rental Bergamo Airport, you will find many rental car options with fast-moving queues.
This efficiency is also a mark of the remaining airport processes, such as check-in and baggage collection.
The airport does not offer too many facilities in the form of shopping and dining outlets. However, there are a good mix or international brand stores and traditional Italian eateries available upon your arrival.
You might also consider other Italian destinations : Car Rental Pisa Airport
Driving In Bergamo
While Bergamo offers many popular attractions for which you will require a rental car to visit, the city also offers a very popular bus service. This tends to stop at most of the attractions and offers excellent availability from both of the city’s centres.
Traffic levels in the city tend to remain fairly low throughout the day, even at traditionally busy hours.
However, road quality and signage is poor in places, particularly around the older parts of the city. An updated GPS system is definitely recommended to navigate the city more easily, and if you are seeking car rental Bergamo Airport, ensure that the GPS is included as part of the service.
Bergamo Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Italy, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Italian cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Bergamo
- La Citta’ Alta – One of Bergamo’s 2 city centres. La Citta’ Alta is the city’s historical cente and is hugely popular with visitors to the city.
- Edone – Possible Bergamo’s most popular nightclub and a central meeting point for those enjoying the vibrant Bergamo nightlife.
- Clusone – Another hugely popular historic site, which offers a large and divers daily market, where traditional Italian gifts are often sold.