Bergamo Airport Car Rental: make a rental search and get one of the cheap car rentals for a comfortable ride in Bergamo! Travelers can enjoy the car rental services offered and can make most of the special prices!
Bergamo Airport Car Rental Is Just What You Need!
Direct car reservation is available on the website AirportCarRental365.com along with useful car rental reviews! Choose a holiday car hire that will answer your needs and pick it up from Bergamo Airport as you arrive! Have a great trip in Italy!
Breathtakingly beautiful, Bergamo is a lovely town in the scenic Lombardy region. Situated at the foothills of the Italian Alps, the town is famous for its beauty, romantic medieval atmosphere and numerous artistic treasures. The settlement of Bergamo combines in itself two cities Città Alta (The Old Town) – that is the upper city featuring rich heritage of art and history, and Città Bassa (The New Town) – the busy and modern lower city.
The town of Bergamo offers to the travelers plenty of attractions, places of interest and things to be done. It is a great place for a holiday and is best to be explored by an affordable car hire.
Arriving at Bergamo Airport
The official name of Bergamo Airport is Il Caravaggio International Airport, situated 5 km outside the town in southeastern direction. The airport serves around 10 million passengers a year, which makes it the third busiest airport in Italy. It is also known as Orio al Serio International Airport and besides the regular flights, handles the flights of the low-cost airlines as well. Bergamo is further served by Milan Linate Airport, which is placed 50 km from the town in southwestern direction.
The two air hubs come with an airport terminal that features plenty of facilities, including shops, dining places, offices of car rental companies and airport car parking zones. The center of the town can be reached by an airport shuttle service and airport rental. On the website airportcarrental365 are offered various airport rental and the travelers can organize their Bergamo trip online and in advance.
The airport is further serviced to the center of Bergamo with public buses.
Driving in Bergamo
Driving in Bergamo is pleasant as the town is very beautiful. Most of the sites are concentrated in the center, yet to walk from the Città Bassa and Città Alta can be quite tiring as the streets are winding and steep. This is what travelers should know when they are booking an affordable car hire for their Bergamo stay:
- Valid driving license is required.
- Driving is on the right side of the road.
- Seat belts on the front and rear seats in all vehicles are obligatory.
- The speed limits are 50 km/h in urban areas, 90 km/h outside the built up areas and 130 km/h on the motorways.
- Drink driving is strictly forbidden.
Things to Do & See in Bergamo
Bergamo is a marvelous town with plenty of nice places of interest and landmarks. Among the must-see places that the travelers should visit are:
- Piazza Vecchia – set in the very center of the old town, it presents a combination of medieval and Renaissance architecture with balanced proportion, the beautiful Contarini fountain in the centre made of white marble, with the nearby Palazzo della Ragione set at the end of the square. In the corner of the square is positioned the Civic Tower called “Campanone” or the big bell. Within easy reach is also Palazzo del Podestà and the Civic Library.
- Campanone – one of the most unusual views in Bergamo. It is seen from the Civic Tower in Piazza Vecchia. The trip is done with a glass lift and once on the top is revealed a marvelous view over the roofs and monuments of the old city. The tower of Campanone is 53 metres high and dates back to the thirteenth century ringing 180 times each night, perpetuating at ancient custom.
- Santa Maria Maggiore Church – a basilica of rich artistic and historical heritage, known as the “Chapel of the city”, working since 1137.
- The Colleoni Chapel – built in the period 1471 – 1475, now referring to the life and glory of Bartolomeo Colleoni.
- The Rocca – a walled stronghold which houses the Historical Museum of Bergamo
- Further to be seen are the Archeology Museum, the Science Museum and Donizetti Museum