Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Shannon Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Shannon Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Shannon Airport.
Shannon is a popular town in the Irish district of County Clare. As a fairly new town, the tourism and cultural aspects of the town are still growing, with the Irish government expected to invest heavily in the town in order for it to reach a similar level of prestige as Cork and Dublin.
However, the town does provide excellent shopping and dining opportunities, as well as many natural attractions in the form of lakes, rivers, castles and public parks.
The Irish climate results in mostly warm summers, with a distinctly cooler temperature throughout the rest of the year.
As Shannon is quite a secluded town, it is recommended to take out a rental car to explore various other Irish cities, such as Cork and Dublin.
Arriving Shannon Airport
Shannon Airport is based in the city of Shannon, and is one of Ireland’s premier airports, along with Cork and Dublin.
The airport has few restaurants and shopping outlets, so it is recommended that dining and shopping take place upon your arrival in Shannon Town Center.
All airport processes are dealt with rapidly and efficiently, and previous visitors have remarked how impressed they were with the airport’s ability to get you through the various systems and out into your holiday.
Taxi cabs from Shannon Airport to the heart of the town center can be expected to cost you around $10-$15.
Driving In Shannon
Driving in Shannon is a thoroughly enjoyable experience. With long, open roads and a hilly landscape, Shannon offers scenic routes and easily navigable road layouts for visitors and first-time drivers to the country.
Road signage is clear and comprehensive, while the pace of living is somewhat slower in Shannon than in similar sized Irish cities.
Local drivers are friendly and helpful and the city’s public transport system is among the best in Ireland, though we recommend a rental car to see everything that Shannon has to offer.
Shannon Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Ireland, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Irish cars drive on the left side of the road. Only use the right lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Shannon
- Glencar Waterfall – A stunning natural waterfall located in the heart of Shannon. A popular and must-visit photo opportunity.
- Parke’s Castle – One of Ireland’s oldest castles, take a guided tour to learn more about the medieval history of Shannon.
- Moon River Cruise – Take a romantic cruise by moonlight – one of Ireland’s most popular attractions for couples.