Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental at Cork Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Cork Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pickup and drop off the car at Cork Airport.
Cork is situated as one of the most Northerly points of Ireland, and boasts a wonderful coastline and breathtaking views. It is the 3rd largest city in Ireland and as a mark of it’s cultural and historical impact, it was named as the European Capital Culture in 2005.
The city has a fairly mild, typically North-European climate, and although this may result in cooler temperatures from time to time, it also gives birth to a wonderfully diverse and natural wildlife habitat throughout the city and surrounding areas.
As you would expect from a city crowned the European Capital Of Culture, there is a vibrant cultural atmosphere throughout Cork, with the famous ‘Cork Jazz Festival’ taking pride of place within the cultural calendar.
Bustling with high-quality theatrical productions and street entertainment, along with both modern and more traditional shopping areas, Cork is perfect for those mid-afternoon strolls and leisurely drives through the gloriously diverse countryside.
Arriving Cork Airport
Cork airport is primarily a base for the airlines Aer Lingus and Ryanair, with a smattering of other airways also serving Cork.
Taxi cabs tend to cost around $20 (€15) to get to the city centre and most city hotels and attractions. The airport has 45 check-in desks and tends to be slightly quieter than most international airports; therefore waiting times are greatly decreased.
The airport has a food court, which is currently served by the Italian Auto Grill, but there are various other restaurants located in the court, as well as a popular book shop and a Londis Mini-Market. There is also a sports bar located in the main terminal for those all-important pre/post flight drinks!
Driving In Cork
If you are looking for car rental at Cork Airport, you can be assured of only a short drive from the airport to the heart of Cork’s bountiful tourist attractions and places of interest.
Roads are generally well-maintained and a ‘hassle-free’ driving experience is generally recorded by tourists and visitors to the city. We highly recommend that you undertake a car rental in order to fully experience the wonder of Cork’s natural countryside features.
Cork Driving Tips
- Cork is well known for its lack of driving signs, both in the countryside and in the city. Make sure you have a map or a satellite navigation system to guide you for your first few days in the city.
- Speed limits range from 30kmh in Pedestrian areas, all the way up to 120kmh on the larger motorways.
- Wearing of seat belts is compulsory in front and rear seats for all passengers.
- Children under the age of 12 are NOT permitted to sit in the front 2 seats.
Things To Do In Cork
- Cork Vision Centre – Boasting a large scale model of the entire city, this is a must see attraction for families and tourists alike.
- Lough Park – A real area of natural beauty situated within Cork, with a diverse wildlife habitat and superb hiking facilities.
- Elizabeth Fort – The Elizabeth Fort Market Festival takes place every Sunday, actually located inside the historic fort walls. Features include Irish-made crafts, gourmet food, and entertainment for all the family.