Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Chania Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Chania Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Chania Airport.
Chania is a very popular coastal city, located on the Greek tourist island of Crete. It is the 2nd largest city in Crete, and is the capital of the island’s Chania region.
The whole Chania area is generally very picturesque, with many narrow alleys and old charming buildings, some of which have been restored as hotels, restaurants, shops and bars.
This makes it a lively and colourful city, especially during the midsummer months. In the winter, it still remains a center of activities (especially for nightlife) but in a more quiet and atmospheric way.
With beautiful golden beaches, and clear, blue water, it is easy to see why Chania remains one of Crete’s most popular tourist locations.
Arriving Chania Airport
Chania Airport is located approximately 14km from downtown Chania, located on the Greek island of Crete. Taxi cabs from the airport are likely to charge around $20-$25 to drive you to the city centre.
Check-in and baggage collection processes tend to be fairly efficient, and if you are looking for car rental Chania airport, you will pleased to discover that the airport offers many rental car options with fast-moving queues.
Chania Airport does not offer too many facilities in the way of restaurants, bars and shopping outlets, but there is a small selection to choose from upon your arrival. The airport also offers free wi-fi connection, although many visitors remark that this can be quite slow when compared to other international airports.
Driving In Chania
If you are seeking car rental Chania Airport, please note that the city’s roads are not alway sin fantastic condition, and many of the city’s smaller roads tend to suffer from pot-holing and poor road signage.
This improves in and around the popular tourist attractions, and is significantly better on the open roads that surround the coastal attractions.
The local Chania drivers tend to be extremely friendly and courteous towards foreign drivers, and the city has a small yet reliable public transport system.
Car parking can also be found fairly cheaply, and generally offers good availability throughout the city, with many of the city’s car parks offering 24 hour security.
Chania Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Greece, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Greek cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Chania
- Elafonissi Beach – Chania’s largest and most popular coastal attraction with foreign visitors and Greek tourists alike.
- Old Venetian Harbor – A stunning natural harbour, filled with quaint markets and fabulous walking trails.
- Limnoupolis Waterpark – A fantastic family attraction, and the perfect refreshment for day spent under the hot Greek sun.
Restaurants In Chania
We recommend the following restaurants