Car Rental Athens Airport Greece: check the available car rental deals, in order to get the best car hire possible with a surprising discount! Enjoy a fantastic holiday in the city of Athens, Greece!
Do You Need Car Rental Athens Airport Greece?
Take a good look at this website AirportCarRental365.com for getting the best auto hire offer for a stress-free stay in the Greek capital Athens. Let us know your arrival and departure day and we will find you a vehicle hire that will best suit your needs.
The capital of Greece, Athens, is a metropolitan city with population of four million citizens. It is a birthplace of the Western Civilization and has many centuries long history. A tempting sightseeing destination, the city appeals to tourists with a plethora of landmarks. Most of the places of interest are concentrated in the city center around the Syntagma Square and in the districts of Monastiraki and Thissio, Plaka, Omonia and Kolonaki. The city is best to be visited in the spring and in the autumn, as the temperatures in the summer months and especially in August are very high.
Arriving at Athens Airport
Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport is situated 27 km east of the downtown area, close to Spata suburb. It is a major hub for the East Mediterranean, Aegean and Balkan regions and handles a large number of flights from many European cities, as well as direct flights from North America. Athens Airport features a great choice of airport services including duty free shops, airport car parking and food stands. There is even a small museum located on the top floor which focuses on the history of Athens with many temporary exhibits.
The airport enjoys very good transport connections to the city center due to the available airport shuttle and airport rentals. All well-known car rental companies have offices here and booking an auto hire is very easy to be organized. Car reservations are also possible online thanks to the system of website airportcarrental365.
Driving in Athens
Driving in Athens can be quite a challenge and drivers of affordable car hire should pay attention. The roads are good, but the following of rules is not the strongest point of the Greek drivers. Thus defensive driving in Athens is a good idea. The road lanes are usually kept, but at night they are not always considered.
The driving should be kept to the right. The road signs are in Greek and in English. The speed limit in Greece is 50 km/h in the residential areas and 100 – 120 km/h on the highways. Getting a vehicle rental requires just a valid national driving license.
Things to Do & See in Athens
As cradle of the Western civilization, the city of Athens is incredibly beautiful. Most of its landmarks are concentrated at the foot of the Acropolis, and in the areas of Anafiotika, Plaka, Monastiraki and Thissio. Among them are scattered narrow winding streets, cozy cafes and lovely Greek restaurants. The Greek Orthodox churches are almost everywhere. The must see places in Athens city include:
- The Acropolis – this is the ancient city of Athens, with marble temples to the goddess Athena.
- Temple of Olympian Zeus – only ruins to be seen here today, as the column has fallen and now presented in pieces. Nearby are to be found the Hadrian’s Arch and the 1896 Olympic Stadium.
- Plaka, Monastiraki and Thissio – that is a romantic historic districts located at the foot of the Acropolis featuring pedestrian streets, 19th century neoclassical buildings, restaurant and shops, and ruins from the city’s Roman era.
- Syntagma Square – that is the beautiful city center of Athens, dominated by the old Royal Palace. It is also the business district of the city, featuring many hotels, banks, restaurants etc.
- Piraeus – That is the ancient port of the city, six miles southwest of the center of Athens. From here start almost all of Attica’s ferry connections to Crete and the Aegean Islands.
- Panathinaiko Stadium – at that stadium were made the first modern day Olympic Games of 1896. The stadium is large, white and made of marble in a horseshoe form.
Traveling to Greece? You might consider nearby airports like Car Rental Thessaloniki Greece!