Athens Airport Car Rental: car booking is very easy with us! Travelers are welcome to see the car rental deals and get affordable car hire! Athens is beautiful, you’re your trip in advance!
Athens Airport Car Rental: The Best Way to Explore the City
Quality car rental available on AirportCarRental365.com website! Read the published car rental reviews and then make car reservation, picking your prestige car hire from Athens Airport and having a splendid stay in Greece!
A metropolitan city with lovely atmosphere, the capital of Greece, Athens is considered to be the birthplace of Western civilization. Facing the Aegean Sea and Piraeus port, Athens is surrounded by Mt Parnitha, Mt Ymettos and Mt Pendeli. It is set on twelve hills, the most famous of which being the Acropolis and Lykavittos.
Athens is a city of white low-level buildings and plenty of greenery. The most tourist sites are placed around the Acropolis and Anafiotika, Plaka, Monastiraki and Thissio where are to be found numerous Neoclassical buildings, beautiful narrow winding streets, little Greek Orthodox churches, etc. The landmarks in Athens are so many and the city is so vast, that getting one of the cheap car rentals is a good idea.
Arriving at Athens Airport
Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport is situated 27 km outside the city center in eastern direction. Being a major air hub for the Aegean, Balkan and East Mediterranean regions, the airport is among the efficient and attractive European airports. It is a major hub for Delta and Air Canada, US Airways, etc.
The airport terminal with excellent choice of facilities including duty-free shops, cafes, dining places, airport car parking. There is also a small museum and free Wi-Fi. An airport shuttle service and airport rental are also available thanks to the car rental companies onsite offices. Car reservation can be further made in advance through the website airportcarrental365 .
The airport is further serviced by public bus system, by metro line, suburban railway, express bus and taxi.
Driving in Athens
Driving in Athens can be pleasant, yet most of the times the traffic is bad and the other drivers are nervous. If getting an auto hire for a trip to Athens, remember that:
- The driving in Greece is on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 21 years.
- The road signs are in Greek and in English.
- The traffic can get bad during the weekdays and the rush hour.
- Parking in the city center can be difficult.
- Seatbelts are required.
- The speed limit is normally 50kmh in urban areas, 110kmh outside the cities and 120kmp on highways.
Things to Do & See in Athens
Athens is capital and largest city of Greece. It is also a metropolis with cosmopolitan atmosphere, and center of the political, financial and industrial life in Greece. In the city are to be found many ancient monuments and two World Heritage Sits of UNESCO – the Acropolis of Athens and Daphni Monastery.
The other places that deserve to be seen in Athens are:
- The Acropolis— with its marble temples sacred to the city’s goddess Athena
- Plaka, Monastiraki and Thissio— the historic districts at the foot of the Acropolis, featuring19th century neoclassical homes, pedestrianized streets, many shops and restaurants
- Kolonaki— marvelous residential area northeast of Syntagma square with many cafes, boutiques and galleries
- Syntagma Square – with the old Royal Palace. That is the business district of Athens, where are to be found major banks and airline offices, hotels and restaurants.
- Hellenic Parliament
- Athens University
- National Library of Greece
- Academy of Athens
- National Archeological Museum – with the largest collection of ancient Greek antiquities in the Acropolis Museum
- Panoramic views of Athens are best to be enjoyed from Lykavittos Hill. From the top can be seen the whole city, the port of Piraeus and, on even the islands of Aegina and the Peloponnese if the weather is clear.