Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Frankfurt Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Frankfurt Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Frankfurt Airport.
Frankfurt is the largest city in the German state of Hesse, and is currently the 5th largest city in Germany.
The city offers a mainly warm climate, with hot summers and warmer than the national average winters.
This ensures a healthy volume of visitors to the city, and Frankfurt is one of Germany’s fastest-growing tourist cities.
Frankfurt’s reputation as a global financial center ensure that the city center remains popular and busy throughout the year, and the city is adorned with stunning architectural pieces and a picturesque cityscape view, including dozens of libraries, museums and government buildings which are visible city-wide.
Arriving Frankfurt Airport
Frankfurt Airport is the major international airport serving the city of Frankfurt, the 5th largest city in Germany.
It is one of Germany’s largest airports, and Frankfurt’s position as an international financial center ensures that it remains one of the busiest airports in Europe.
Despite the volume of traffic passing through the airport on a daily basis, staff remain incredibly polite and helpful, with many previous visitors remarking how often staff members have gone out of their way to make their vacation experience all the more enjoyable.
Airport processes are dealt with efficiently and car rental systems are among the quickest in Germany. Taxi cabs from the airport to the heart of Downtown Frankfurt will normally charge around $10-$15 for the journey.
Driving In Frankfurt
As you would expect from a major German city, Frankfurt’s roads and major highways are excellently maintained and are a fine example of simple design and efficient layouts.
Road signage is abundant and clear, and the Frankfurt streets are an enjoyable driving experience for the first-time visitor to the city.
Traffic at the heart of the city center can be very slow, particularly during peak traffic hours, and it is advisable to give the city center a miss at these times.
There are plenty of attractions based away from the heart of the city, although traffic levels do tend to normalize at the weekend.
Frankfurt Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Germany, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- German cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
- German police officials are notoriously strict and professional in their dealings. Take extra care to abide to all German rules of the road during your visit.
Things To Do In Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Zoo – One of the largest and most popular zoos in Germany, and perfect for families with younger children.
- Palmengarten – A glorious natural park, full of wildlife, glorious plant life and picturesque scenery. Perfect for couples and nature lovers.
- Frankfurter Romer – One of the most historically significant buildings in Frankfurt, this government building is a stunning architectural masterpiece.
Restaurants In Frankfurt – Popular With Visitors
- Restaurant Medici – Weissadlergasse 2, 60311 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany
- Matsuri – Ulmenstrasse 1 (Westend), 60325 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany
- Trattoria I Siciliani – Walter-Kolb-Strasse 17, 60594 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany