Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Frankfurt Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Frankfurt Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Frankfurt Airport.
Frankfurt is a major international city, and is the largest in the German state of Hesse. A global centre of financial industry, Frankfurt boasts one of Europe’s strongest economies and lowest rates of unemployment.
The city is also primarily know for its stunning traditional German architecture, and like many major German cities, is filled with libraries, museums, natural gardens and universities, along with many banking institutions.
With warm summers and cold winters, Frankfurt can become extremely busy during the summer months, when millions flock to the city for its traditional beer festivals and street celebrations.
Renowned as one of Germany’s more traditional major cities, Frankfurt offers attractions and appeal to all age groups, and is particularly targeted towards families.
Traveling to Germany? Do also consider Car Rental Munich Airport .
Arriving Frankfurt Airport
Frankfurt Airport is the major international airport serving the German city of Frankfurt. Located around 13km from downtown Frankfurt, taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be expected to cost you around $20-$25 to undertake the journey, and taxis can be found in abundance directly outside the terminals.
Like most major German airports, Frankfurt Airport is run extremely efficiently, and its staff are some of the best-trained in the country. This is to be expected, as along with Munich Airport, Frankfurt is generally regarded as one of Germany’s best two airports.
Queues for the various check-in processes move swiftly, and it usually safe to assume only a short stay in the airport upon your arrival, despite the volume of traffic passing through the terminals on an hourly basis.
Driving In Frankfurt
Like most other major German cities, the Frankfurt roads are extremely well-kept, well-signed and incredibly well-designed, and Frankfurt remains an incredibly easy city to navigate for the first time driver to Germany.
Surprisingly, traffic levels are quite low compared to other major German cities, such as Stuttgart and Hamburg, and providing you avoid the heart of the city centre during peak traffic hours, you should enjoy a fairly congestion-free driving experience throughout your stay.
As you would expect, the Frankfurt public transport system is run incredibly efficiently, and is very reasonably priced if you would prefer this option to driving through the city centre.
Frankfurt Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Germany, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- German cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Frankfurt
- Staedal Museum – One of Germany’s most popular art museums, with hundreds of exhibitions by some of the world’s most respected artists.
- Palmengarten – A very popular natural garden, offering picturesque views and walking trails.
- Frankfurt Zoo – One of Germany’s largest zoos, with a large collection of animals, shows and feeding sessions throughout the day.