Car Hire Czech Republic
Cheap car rentals are available for a nice holiday in the Czech Republic! Read the car rental reviews and pick a vehicle rental that will best suit your needs!
The beautiful Czech Republic is a landlocked country in Central Europe that is bordering Austria and Germany, Poland and Slovakia. The country is small in size, but has lovely nature, interesting culture and a very rich history and thus plenty of landmarks and sites that attract the travelers. The Czech Republic has many beautiful monasteries, well-preserved ancient castes and large mansions. The country is divided into fourteen political zones, grouped in eight regions.
The Czech Republic is served by Vaclav Havel Airport placed 10 km away from the center of the capital Prague and by the international airports in Brno, Karlovy Vary, Ostrava and Pardubice. Some of the travelers choose to fly to the nearby airports of Munich, Nuremberg, Vienna, Wroclaw and Bratislava. The easiest way to explore the country is by using the available public transport or the car rental services of the local and international car rental companies that are operating in the area.
The biggest cities in the Czech Republic
Even if small in size, the Czech Republic has a diverse variety of landscapes that could be reached with the affordable car hire. The most exciting destinations and biggest cities in the Czech Republic include:
- Prague – the capital of the Czech Republic is also its largest city, characterized with vast and beautiful historic centre. Travelers are welcome to see the car rental deals that are available at the airport terminal and in the offices of car rental companies in the city.
- Brno – that is the largest city in Moravia region, featuring several interesting museums, and hosting the annual Moto GP Grand Prix.
- Karlovy Vary — a popular spa resort, the historic town is quite popular with the Russian and German tourists.
- Kutna Hora – a historical town popular with the old silver mines, the cathedral St. Barbora and the All Saints Chapel.
- Ceske Budejovice – this is a large and very appealing city in South Bohemia.
- Cesky Krumlov – that is a wonderful old town in South Bohemia where is the second largest chateau in the country.
- Olomouc – this beautiful university town is set by a river and has a vast historical center.
- Pilsen – this town is the largest city in West Bohemia and home of the original Pilsner Urquell beer.
- Telc – that settlement has a wonderfully preserved Renaissance town centre surrounded by shallow lakes.
Driving in the Czech Republic
Driving a holiday car hire in the Czech Republic is not only affordable, but also a very pleasant and easy way to see all the historical sites, cultural landmarks and natural beauties of the country. The roads in the Czech Republic are well-kept and constantly improving, yet the local drivers might be aggressive, especially in the city of Prague and in some of the other large cities.
The holiday makers who plan to make a car reservation for one of the rental vehicles should be aware that there is zero tolerance in terms of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. On the country’s motorways should be used vignettes that can be obtained from the petrol stations.
Very useful to the drivers of automobile rental would be the mobile app Waze, which was developed to warn the drivers about hazards on the roads, etc.
Car rental tips for Czech Republic (insider tips)
Most of the large cities in the Czech Republic, including the capital city Prague could be accessed via highway and expressway connections from many different parts of Europe. The holiday makers that plan to make a car boking at one of the car rental companies should be area of the following tips for their stay in the Czech Republic:
- The acceptable driving license age is 18.
- The driving is on the right side of the road.
- The usage of headlights is obligatory throughout the day and night.
- The driver and all passengers in the auto hire should wear seat belts in case they are fitted.
- The speed limits are 50 km/h and 80 km/h on expressways, 130 km/h on motorways and 90 km/roads.
There is a lot to be seen in the Czech Republic and that is why the country is among the must-see destinations of many travelers. Among the places of interest that can be reached with the automobile hire and deserve special attention in this lovely country are to be included:
- Bohemian Paradise – a region of interesting rock formations and beautiful isolated castles, situated in the north-eastern part of Prague.
- Jicin – a gateway to Turnov area with its rock formations and castles. Interesting to be seen are the twin towers of the Trosky ruined castle, where from are revealed wonderful views to the city.
- Frantiskovy Lazne, Luhacovice, Marianske Lazne – nice spa centers.
- Dvur Kralove nad Labem – small town near Trutnov, featuring a Safari area and a zoo.
- Karlstejn Castle – popular castle with a holy cave monastery.
- Jaromerice nad Rokytnou – nice small town with a Baroque Castle and a beautiful church.
- The Giant Mountains Krkonose – here are to be found most of the skiing resorts in the Czech Republic.
- Litomysl – romantic town with renaissance square, chateau and art center. The settlement hosts two international opera festivals.
- Terezin – a baroque castle of red bricks, placed near the Ohře river.
- Nove Mesto na Morave – pleasant resort for cross country skiing.
- Comutov – a lovely town with historical center, a lake and a zoo.
- Mutenice Wine Region – with one of the finest vineyards in the Czech Republic.
Did you know?
- In the Czech Republic have been invented the sugar cube (1843) and the soft contact lenses (1959).
- In the Czech Republic are to be found more than 2000 castles.
- The favorite pastime activity of the Czech people in the autumn is mushroom picking.
- Among the famous people born in the Czech Republic are the film director Milos Forman, the philosopher Sigmund Freud, the tennis player Martina Navratilova, the model Ivana Trump, the writer Franz Kafka, etc.
- One of the largest car manufacturing companies in Central Europe is Skoda Auto and it is located in the Czech Republic.