Car Rental Paphos Airport: check the published car rental reviews, take as much time as needed to make a car hire comparison on the prices and then organize your holiday car hire with an unbeatable discount! Enjoy your stay in Paphos, Cyprus!
Looking For Car Rental Paphos Airport?
For the best car rental deals, try the website AirportCarRental365.com and plan a fantastic trip in Paphos. Let us know when you plan to take up or to crop off the auto hire at Paphos Airport and we will help you!
The beautiful town of Paphos is located in the southwestern end of Cyprus, between the Troodos Mountains and the coast. Known as the birthplace of the Greek Goddess Aphrodite, today Paphos is divided into two sections. The one up the hill is where the commercial center is, where the one downhill is where the archeological places of interest are located. In that area are also concentrated most of the hotels, traditional tavernas and places of entertainment.
This lower part of the city has a newly organized promenade which is leading round to the marina, as well as to the long coastal path wherefrom are revealed marvelous view. Paphos is located on the Mediterranean coast and is approximately 50 km west of Limassol, which is the biggest port city on the island.
Arriving at Paphos Airport
Paphos is served by the second largest airport in the country – Paphos International Airport. It is positioned 10 km outside the city, in southeastern direction. The airport has two terminals, the new one being open in late 2008. Currently, Paphos Airport serves both scheduled and charter flights from different charter fight companies, many of them from the UK regional airports.
The two airport terminals are spacious and well-organized and have different facilities including offices of major car rental companies. Getting a holiday car rental is also available online through the services offered by the website airportcarrental365.
Onsite are available airport shuttle or airport rentals. There is also bus service to Kato Paphos tourist zone and to Limasol.
Driving in Paphos
The city of Paphos is divided into two areas – lower town with the harbor, the tourist zone, the dining places and the nightlife, and upper town with the commercial and shopping zone and the administrative buildings. Both parts of the city can be explored on foot, yet it is much easier to organize an auto hire, especially if traveling outside the city limits towards Troodos mountains, the Akamas peninsula and the various settlements around. Those visitors who decide to get an affordable car hire, should know the following rules:
- The driving age is 18 and plus.
- The valid national driving licenses are recognized.
- The drive is on the left and overtake is on the right.
- Since the junctions have no signs, drivers should always give way to vehicles that are coming from the right.
- The usage of seat belts is compulsory both on the front and on the rear seats of cars.
- The speed limit in the towns is 50 km/h, on the country roads – 65 km/h, on national roads – 80 km/h and on highways it is max. 100 km/h.
Things to Do & See in Paphos
The city of Paphos is divided into two areas – lower town with the harbor, the tourist zone, the dining places and the nightlife, and upper town with the commercial and shopping zone and the administrative buildings. Here are some of the places of interest that should not be missed:
- Paphos Fort – placed at the tip of the marina that is a squat box with a rich history that used to serve as a fort and as prison under many administrators. In its present form, it was built by the Turks and then last used by the British.
- Paphos Archaeological Park – featuring many attractions like the House of Theseus and the House of Dionysos , as well as the ruins of large Roman villas famous for their mosaics.
- Tala Village – placed high north west of Paphos, that is a beautiful traditional village, with the breathtaking Agios Neophytos Monastery. In close proximity are to be found many nice restaurants.
- The classic Greek amphitheatre Odeon, located within the archaeological park.
- Paphos Bird Park – an impressive animal park situated north of Paphos.
- Aphrodite Water Park – fantastic and nicely themed water park with many slides including lazy river rides, wave machines, etc.
If you have more time in Cyprus, consider also the option of Car Rental Larnaca Airport