Car Rental Curacao Airport, check the car rental deals, make a car hire comparison and then pick the best car hire to have a great trip!
Need Car Rental Curacao Airport?
Booking a car at AirportCarRental365.com is quite convenient. please, let us know when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Curacao Airport.
A beautiful island country, Curacao is located in the southern region of the Caribbean Sea. It has a status of constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, which means that it is autonomous, but still within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Curacao is located 65 km north of the Venezuela coast and features one main island and a second island that is smaller and uninhabited. Since Curacao has plenty to offer to the holiday makers, the best way for them is to get an economy car rental and thus explore the island’s territory.
The island is absolutely marvelous, and a rental car is a must. Check out Rental cars in Curacao for extra information.
Arriving at Curacao Airport
The island of Curacao is served by the International Airport Hato (CUR). It is located in Plaza Margareth Abraham, on the northern side of the island. The airport is to be found near the capital city Willemstad and is handling a great deal of regional and international carriers. The airport operates daily flights by American Airlines from Miami and also flights by JetBlue two times a week from the JFK airport in New York.
Airport Hato features a new and an old airport terminal, where be found different shops and facilities, airport car parking, airport rentals offices, airport shuttle service, etc. Comfortable and affordable car hire can be booked by airportcarrental365, a company that offers car hire comparison, as well as car rental insurance.
Driving in Curacao
Curacao is not a very big island, yet travelers will be better off if they check the car rental deals which the car rental companies provide. The driving on the island is on the right side of the road and the road signs have traffic markings in Dutch and English.
Driving around in Curacao is easy and driving in the capital Willemstad is similar to driving in the Caribbean countries. Getting an airport map is necessary since not many streets are marked. When outside the capital and the other settlements, the drivers should be careful for not hitting goats, donkeys, and iguanas.
Things To Do & See in Curacao
The island of Curacao is not a big one, but it offers plenty of attractions for the holiday makers. Here are some of the best past time activities:
- When in the capital visit Museum Kura Hulanda or the Anthropological Museum, the Maritime Museum or the Postal Museum.
- Go to the Mikvé Israel-Emanuel Synagogue – that is the oldest continuously operating synagogue in the western hemisphere. It has a small museum with artifacts next to it.
- The Floating Market – this is a fleet of mini boats which are selling fresh fish and fruits and is located close to Queen Juliana Bridge.
- Klein Curacao – that is a small deserted island close to Curacao, which features the longest white sand beach in the area. Day trips are organized several times a week.
- Practice Scuba Diving – Curacao is a very popular place for scuba diving, as the currents are mild and the water is warm. On the island are to be found many scuba diving centers. The finest diving and snorkeling spots are placed around the Tugboat coral wall.
- Visit the parks – check the huge coral reef and marine park on the southwestern side of Curacao, go to the Banda Abou National Park and to the Central Curacao Underwater Park. Other interesting parks that deserve to be seen are Shete Boka National Park, Christoffel National Park,
- Curacao Sea Aquarium
- Go to the beach – the beaches in Curacao are concentrated on the southern coast and on the western coast. The most popular of them are Playa Kalki and Playa Grote Kenapa, Cas Abao and Playa Porto Mari, Mambo Beach and Kontiki Beach, Playa Lagun and Playa Kleine Kenapa. All these beaches are easily reachable with an auto hire.
Traveling to Curacao? You can also consider the nearby airports like Aruba Airport and Bonaire International Airport!