Pick an auto hire from Car Rental Schiphol Airport! Take time to go through the car rental deals, then choose an affordable car hire, after asking for the possible discounts! Plan ahead to enjoy a fantastic trip in Amsterdam, The Netherlands!
Organize Your Car Rental Schiphol Airport!
The website AirportCarRental365.com comes with car rental reviews and special car rental tips. Travelers are encouraged to get the best car hire they can get from Schiphol Airport and to enjoy their stay in Amsterdam!
Amsterdam is the capital city of The Netherlands and the most visited city in the country, as well as the most important cultural and financial center. It is the largest settlement as well, which has approximately one million residents and around seven million travelers each year. Often called ‘Venice of the North’ due to the canals and the large number of bridges, the city of Amsterdam has a marvelous architecture, charming atmosphere and many places of interest.
Arriving at Amsterdam Airport
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is the main air hub and international airport of the Netherlands. It is positioned 9 km away from Amsterdam and is the fifth busiest European airport as far as passengers are concerned. Schiphol Airport features one large airport terminal, which has three departure halls. It is a hub of KLM (now merged with Air France), EasyJet, Delta Airlines Vueling, Martinair, Transavia. Many destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia are properly served at Schiphol.
Onsite the airport are available many facilities including the Rijksmuseum with free entrance, the storage lockers, several restaurants and various fast-food chains, offices of car rental companies and airport shuttle services. Airport rental is also available at the website airportcarrental365 which offers fantastic car rental deals.
Driving in Amsterdam
Travelers that plan to drive in Amsterdam, can do so outside the historic center. Usually the people who rely on the car rental services do so in order to explore the area outside of the city too and do that in a more comfortable manner. As a rule, driving around Amsterdam is not a walk in the park, as the streets are narrow, the traffic is heavy and the signs are obscure. The parking is a challenge as well.
Car parking in Amsterdam is expensive and should be done only in secured public parking zones. Parking on Sundays outside the city center is free. All basic rules for driving are applied – seat belts are required, drinking and driving is prohibited.
Things to Do & See in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is a fantastic travel destination with numerous attractions for the visitors. The city is famous for its canals dating back to the 17th century, which are now included in the World Heritage List of UNESCO. Interesting to be seen are the following landmarks:
- Oude Kerk – dating back to 1306, the oldest of the five main churches in the historic centre. The church has a lovely tower.
- Rijksmuseum — featuring a large collection of paintings from the Dutch Golden Age from artists such as Rembrandt van Rijn, Johannes Vermeer, Frans Hals and Jan Steen. There is also a large collection of Asian art.
- Van Gogh Museum — great works of art by the Dutch Post-Impressionist painter with vivid colors and deep emotional impact. That museum hosts the largest collection of Van Gogh’s paintings and drawings in the world.
- Anne Frank House — a special museum dedicated to Anne Frank, a Jewish girl who kept a diary while hiding from Nazi persecution in hidden rooms at the rear of the building.
- The Red Light District – the largest area in the world for legalized prostitution.
- The open-air markets such as Ten Katemarkt, Albert Cuyp Market, Dappermarkt and Westerstraat-markt.
- The Vondelpark in South, which is quite large in size and has convivial atmosphere. This neighbourhood is known for its greenery, leafy boulevards and grand mansions. Here are also placed the botanical gardens and the Artis Zoo, which is a great place for the kids.