Prestige Car Hire from Car Rental Charleroi Airport: pick the best car hire for your great stay in Belgium! The finest car rental deals are available with us!
What About Comfortable Car Rental Charleroi Airport?
Interesting car rental reviews, useful car hire comparison and tempting car rental deals are all available on AirportCarRental365.com website! Pick the automobile hire that best answers your needs and organize the picking from Charleroi Airport!
The third largest city in Belgium, Charleroi, is positioned in the French speaking part of the country called Wallonia. Once a very powerful and rich city, Charleroi became quite poor during the collapse of industries during the 1970s, to turn into a pleasant city today, appealing to the travelers. The locals are very friendly and easy going, the atmosphere is nice and there are plenty of places for sightseeing and entertainment.
The two must-visit attractions in the city of Charleroi are the world famous Photography Museum and the modern dance festival called Charleroi Dance. The city is a very tempting destination today thanks to the offers of the low-cost air carriers.
Arriving at Charleroi Airport
Brussels South Charleroi Airport is situated in the town of Gosselies, approximately 7 km north of the city center. It started as a flight school back in 1919 and then became home of the aircraft building factory Fairey. Charleroi Airport is served as an alternative airport for Brussels (47 km to the north). It handles many flights of the budget airline companies like Ryanair, Jetairfly and WizzAir. It also operates seasonal charter flights during the holidays to many European and North African destinations.
Charleroi Airport has a new airport terminal since 2008, which is much larger and comfortable and where are to be found different facilities, including airport car parking area. The travelers are welcome to use the available airport shuttle services and airport rentals that are available from the onsite offices of the car rental companies. Travelers can further make car reservation online and in advance using the website airportcarrental365.
Driving in Charleroi
Driving in Charleroi city and in Belgium in general is quite pleasant. The rules that the drivers of vehicle hire should observe include:
- The front and rear seat belts are obligatory everywhere.
- The 30 km/h speed limit zones apply in many towns near schools, hospitals, churches, etc., where children or elderly people could be crossing. These limits are strictly enforced, but not always well-signed. Speeding and other traffic offences are subject to on-the-spot fines. Radar traps are frequent.
- The allowed speed in the city is 50 km/h, on open roads it is 90 km/h and on motorways it is 120 km/h. No tolls are applied.
- Belgium has very strict drink driving laws, and it only allows 0.5 milligrams of alcohol in the blood.
- Drivers should be very careful when setting off from service stations or restaurants on the left side of the road.
Going to the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro this year?
Things to Do & See in Charleroi
Travelers will find plenty of interesting things to do and see while visiting Charleroi. Some of the sites worth mentioning include:
- Jules Destree Museum
- The Fine Arts Museum
- Charleroi Expo
- The Museum of Photography
- Musée des Beaux-Arts
- Musée archéologique
- Site du bois du Cazier à Marcinelle
- In the city can be watched the football games of Royal Charleroi Sporting Club and the basketball games of the Spirou Charleroi club – 8 times winner of the Basketball League in Belgium, as well as the games of the table tennis club La Villette Charleroi. In ehe city can furter be visited the stadium Stade du Pays de Charleroi, which was UFA Euro 2000 venue with capacity of 30 000 people.
Have you thought of other travel destinations in Belgium? If yes, please consider the airports Brussels International Airport, Antwerp Airport, or Ghent Airport.