Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Kelowna Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Kelowna Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Kelowna Airport.
Kelowna is a city based on Okanagan Lake in the British Colombia district of Canada. It is the 22nd largest city in Canada and remains a popular tourist-orientated city, due to its glorious lakeside views and mountainous landscape.
With what was once a very large ‘Chinatown’ district still based in the city, this results in a vibrant multicultural diversity which visitors have remarked to be amongst the most well-integrated in Canada.
Downtown Kelowna is located right by the Okanagan Lake. Multiple beaches, parks, restaurants and stores are located near the waterfront, and the cultural district within downtown Kelowna is home to several art galleries, museums, sports arenas and several government offices – including the law courts and city hall.
Arriving Kelowna Airport
Kelowna Airport is the major international airport serving British Colombia and is located around 8km northeast of Downtown Kelowna.
The airport is amongst the busiest in Canada and this can sometimes feel like the case when you arrive at the airport. Arrival and Departure areas are poorly laid out and the airport seems to suffer from understaffing, particularly during busy periods.
That said, the airport staff are generally friendly and helpful, and there are a wide choice of restaurants and shopping outlets available to visit upon arrival. Car rental queues also appear to move swiftly and efficiently.
Taxi cabs from Kelowna Airport to the heart of Downtown Kelowna can be expected to cost in the region of $10-$15.
Driving In Kelowna
Kelowna driving can be an immensely rewarding experience. With long, well-maintained highways and major road networks, as you would expect from any Canadian city, traffic is generally uncongested and it is a good driving experience for first-time visitors to Canada and British Colombia..
Parking fees are generally inexpensive, even in the heart of Downtown Kelowna, and most car parks are securely guarded, giving you extra peace of mind if you are using a rental car.
Native Kelowna drivers are (for the most part) patient and friendly towards obvious tourists or first time drivers.
Kelowna Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Canada, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Canadian cars drive on the right of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Kelowna
- Kelowna Springs Golf Club – One of the most popular golf courses in British Colombia, with stunning scenery and a fantastic playing surface.
- Lake Okanagan – A stunning natural lake running throughout Kelowna. Millions visit Lake Okanagan every year.
- Okanagan Wine Country Tours – Strictly for adults only, take a guided tour and tasting session at some of British Colombia’s most respected vineyards.
Restaurants In Kelowna – Popular With Visitors
- Little Hobo Soup And Sandwich – 438 Lawrence Ave, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 6L5, Canada
- Mabui Sushi Izakaya – 8-2070 Harvey Ave, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 8P8, Canada
- Raudz Regional Table – 1560 Water Street, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada