Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Edmonton Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental at Edmonton Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Edmonton Airport.
Edmonton is the capital city of the Canadian state of Alberta. It is the 5th largest city in Canada, and is popularly known as the ‘city of festivals’, due to its annual calendar of festivals which take place in the city throughout the year.
With North America’s largest mall, numerous watersports opportunities, plentiful local attractions and stunning architecture, Edmonton is one of Canada’s best-kept secrets, and the city is beginning to prove incredibly popular with North American tourists and foreign visitors alike.
Boasting a wonderfully diverse nightlife, and a terrific cityscape view from many vantage points of the city, Edmonton prides itself on being a truly family orientated holiday destination.
Arriving at Edmonton Airport
Edmonton International Airport is the primary airport serving the city of Edmonton, located in the Canadian state of Alberta. The largest airport in Canada, it is also the country’s 5th busiest by daily traffic through the terminals.
Located 26km from downtown Edmonton, taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be expected to charge around $35-$40 for the journey.
Being Canada’s largest airport, there is quite an unhurried atmosphere to the terminals, and airport processes tend to move very quickly with smaller than average queues. This also applies to the rental car waits, which are among the shortest in the country.
Depending on the time of year, the airport offers many dining and shopping opportunities, although several of these do not operate during quieter periods.
Driving In and around Edmonton
Driving in Edmonton is essential if wishing to visit all that the city has to offer. Public transport suffers from a lack of availability, especially to the local attractions, and taxi cabs can be fairly expensive, especially to foreign visitors.
However, while a rental car is essential to your stay, Edmonton’s major road networks are not the best in Canada and navigation routes can be confusing, with road signage being particularly misleading for foreign visitors. Therefore, an updated GPS system is a must if you require simpler navigation around the city.
Car parking in West Edmonton is quite numerous, with the area being a central hub of tourism, with many malls and dining facilities. Be warned, however, that parking opportunities are not so numerous in other parts of the city.
Driving Tips Edmonton
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Canada, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Canadian cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
What To Do In Edmonton
- Fort Edmonton Park – A mix between a historic park and a modern amusement arcade – perfect for families.
- World Waterpark – One of Canada’s most popular water parks – A must-visit during the hot, Summer months.
- TELUS World Of Science – A highly educational museum and attraction, aimed at both adults and children.
Popular Restaurants In Edmonton
- Hathaway’s Diner – 13225 – 132 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Cafe Amore Bistro – 10807-106ave, Edmonton, Alberta T5H4A7, Canada
- Vivi Restorante – 18352 Lessard Rd NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (184 St)