Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Winnipeg Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Winnipeg Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Winnipeg Airport.
Winnipeg is the capital city in the Canadian province of Manitoba. Often described as being the ‘gateway to the west’, Winnipeg boasts a hugely diversified local economy and population.
With several annual festivals taking place throughout the year, Winnipeg is one of Canada’s most multicultural cities, and is hugely popular with foreign visitors.
Also a famous sporting city, Winnipeg was the first Canadian city to host the Pan American Games, as well as being home to many of Canada’s most popular sporting teams.
With beautiful mountain ranges on the outskirts of the city, Winnipeg offers foreign visitors a stunning landscape and remarkable scenery to enjoy during their stay in the city.
Arriving Winnipeg Airport
Winnipeg International Airport is the 7th largest and busiest airport in Canada. Located approximately 8km from downtown Winnipeg, taxi cabs to the city centre are likely to cost you around $10-$15.
The airport is one of Canada’s most modern facilities, and it has an impressive selection of public facilities, including free wi-fi access for all visitors.
It is also generally regarded as one of Canada’s most efficient airports, with procedures such as check in, customs and baggage collection moving quickly throughout the day.
If you are seeking car rental Winnipeg Airport, please note that the rental car options can be accessed directly by shuttle, once you have completed baggage collection.
Driving In Winnipeg
If you are seeking car rental Winnipeg Airport, it is important to state that the city’s major roads are in excellent condition and well-signed.
Signage is available in both English and French. Road conditions generally worsen around the mountainous regions of the city, and great care must be taken when driving in these areas.
Winnipeg traffic levels tend to be quite busy throughout the day. This is particularly true during peak traffic hours. However, the city offers a tremendous public transport system and you may wish to take advantage of this when visiting the local attractions.
Car parking availability in the city centre is very good. Please note, however, that car parking can be quite expensive, particularly during long stays.
Winnipeg Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Canada, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Canadian cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Winnipeg
- Enigma Escapes – A thrilling escape game adventure complex, aimed at teenagers and young adults.
- Royal Aviation Museum Of Western Canada – For anybody interested in the history of Canadian flight, this museum is an absolute must-visit.
- Fort Whyte Alive – A stunning wildlife and nature trail that is hugely popular with hiking and biking enthusiasts.