Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Ottawa Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Ottawa Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Ottawa Airport.
Ottawa is the capital city of Canada and is the 4th largest city in the country.
Ottawa boasts a long history and is the home of the Canadian Parliament, ensuring that security measures in and around the city are held at a slightly higher level than elsewhere in the country.
Due to its strong economy and historical significance to Canada, Ottawa boasts huge multicultural diversity, and is widely recognized as the most culturally diverse city in Canada.
The city has a strong educational significance and contains more schools and museums per capita than any other country in Canada.
You cannot fail to notice these instruments of learning as you make your way through the crowded, yet friendly streets of Downtown Ottawa.
Arriving Ottawa Airport
Ottawa Airport is serviced primarily by the Air Canada operator, though it does service other major Canadian and International operators.
It is the 6th busiest airport in Canada, and while not the largest airport in the country, it does have a high volume of pedestrian traffic passing through its gates on a daily basis.
Therefore, you should be prepared for a slightly longer check-in and baggage collection process than usual. The airport can sometimes feel slightly understaffed at times, and it is worth bearing this in mind after a long flight into the city.
The airport does not contain as many shopping outlets and restaurants as many similar sized airports in Canada, but does have a decent selection from which to choose. After the lengthy check-in process, you may want to take advantage of a light meal in order to relax before picking up your car and heading into Ottawa.
Taxi cabs from the airport to the heart of downtown Ottawa can be expected to cost you around $15 -$20.
Driving In Ottawa
Ottawa’s road system and general driving conditions are among the best in Canada. Most roads are in a very good condition and an efficient road signage and layout system ensures that navigation around Ottawa is simpler than in other major Canadian cities.
Ottawa’s drivers are not generally as aggressive as those found in Montreal or Toronto and you can be sure of a pleasurable driving experience during your stay in Ottawa.
Car parking charges are also well below the national average. These charges apply to most car parking areas in and around Downtown Ottawa, and are extremely fair and affordable.
Ottawa Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- Ottawa’s parking charges tend to be lower than the Canadian average. You should be able to find all-day parking for around $15 per day, as opposed to up to $35-$40 in Montreal and Toronto, etc.
- All children aged 8 or under must travel in a child seat or booster seat with a suitable restraining device.
- As with elsewhere in Canada, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Mobile phone usage of any kind is strictly prohibited. Police officials operate a ‘no tolerance’ approach to mobile phone use while driving.
- Canadians drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
Things To Do In Ottawa
- Canada Science And Technology Museum – The largest museum in Canada and a hugely educational experience for all the family.
- Parliament Hill And Buildings – Visit the historic Canadian Parliament buildings and get to know the history of Ottawa and Canada a little better.
- Haunted Walk Of Ottawa – Ottawa is a city steeped in history and tradition. Take one of its famous Haunted Walks to really get to know the haunted roots of the city.