Car Rental Abbotsford Airport
Car Rental - Search, Compare & Save. Lowest prices!
Car Rental Abbotsford Airport, make car hire comparison, pick the best car rental coupons and enjoy your trip!
Are You Looking For Car Rental Abbotsford Airport?
Automobile hire at AirportCarRental365.com is simple and very convenient. Let us know when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Abbotsford Airport.
The city of Abbotsford is located north of the border between United States and Canada. It is approximately 1 hour drive east of Vancouver and 2.5 hours drive north of Seattle. The settlement is situated in the center of the Fraser Valley, which is among the most beautiful regions of British Columbia. The settlement is a popular stop for those travelers who are heading north to Yukon and Alaska and is best to be explored with the available car rental coupons.
Arriving at Abbotsford Airport
Abbotsford International Airport is the second largest airport in the Lower Midland of British Columbia. It is a great alternative to the Vancouver International Airport and offers direct daily flights to and from Calgary, Edmonton and Victoria, as well as connection flights to other international and domestic destinations. In addition are available weekly charter flights in the winter to Mexico.
Abbotsford Airport has many onsite facilities, airport shuttle service and several offices of car rental companies. The other airport nearby is Bellingham Airport in Washington state, which is 40 min drive away.
Driving in Abbotsford
Since Abbotsford is spread out, getting an advantage rental car might be very useful and helpful. The city does have a public transport system with buses, which can get the travelers around the central area and the main shopping zones.
Even so, the most comfortable way to explore the city of Abbotsford and the area around is by getting one of the airport rentals or by booking a holiday car hire from airportcarrental365, which also provides car rental insurance.
Driving Tips in Abbotsford
People in Canada drive on the right side and the road conditions are excellent. The seat belts are compulsory for the driver and for the other people in the vehicle rental. The Canadians practice defense driving, yet on the wide and open roads some drivers speed up and there might be a risk from collisions. The general speed limits in the urban areas are for 50 km/h and for the motorways are 100 km /h.
- Drinking and driving is forbidden.
- The speed signs are in kilometers.
- The pedestrians need to be given way on the pedestrian crossings.
- If booking an automobile hire, drivers should also get car rental insurance.
- Get an International Driving Permit before the trip to Canada, as this is the accepted license in Canada for auto hire.
Things To See & Do in Abbotsford
The city of Abbotsford is known for the angri-tourism attractions during the summer and their interesting winter version. Each year the local municipality publishes a Circle Farm Tour Guide and a Passport to Christmas with all the events and attractions described there. The other popular activities are:
- Visit at the Clayburn Village Store
- Learn about the pioneer heritage at Trethewey House Museum
- Take a walk and do some shopping at the Historic Downtown Abbotsford
- Bring the kids to the Castle Fun Park and the Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery
- Go to the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Center to watch the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League play. The city is often named “The Sports Town Canada”, so make most of that.
- Watch the Abbotsford International Air Show on the second weekend of August to see demonstrations by Canadian and US craft, and static displays of aircraft.
- Check the Dog Show at Tradex
- If visiting on B.C. Day long weekend, attend the Agrifair country fair and rodeo.
- If coming in February, visit the Vancouver Motor Cycle Show.
- Attend the Berry Festival at the end of July, since Abbotsford is the “Berry Capital of Canada”
Traveling to Canada? You might consider the nearby airports like Bellingham International Airport or Vancouver International Airport.