Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Melbourne Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Melbourne Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Melbourne Airport.
Melbourne is the capital and most populous city in the Australian state of Victoria. It is also the 2nd largest city in Australia and is hugely popular both with Australian tourists and foreign visitors alike.
Offering picturesque views and an ocean skyline from many parts of the city, Melbourne is an extremely rewarding city in which to stay, and is well renowned for its dining, shopping and nightlife scenes – these are generally regarded as among the best that Australia has to offer.
With its gloriously warm weather throughout the year, the city remains busy 12 months a year, but really comes to life during the Summer months with an eclectic mix of street parties and festivals taking place on a daily basis.
Arriving Melbourne Airport
Melbourne Airport is the primary international airport serving Melbourne and its surrounding areas, and it is the 2nd largest and busiest airport in Australia.
The airport is located around 23km from the city centre, and taxi cabs from the airport to the heart of downtown Melbourne can be expected to charge around $26-$30 for the journey.
Despite the city’s popularity and year-round busyness, airport processes, such as check-in, security, baggage collection and car rental options, tend to move very quickly and the airport staff are extremely well-trained and efficient in their dealings.
The airport offers ample dining and shopping facilities, and is generally regarded as one of Australia’s cleanest and best-kept airports.
Driving In Melbourne
Driving in Melbourne is very pleasurable, and first time drivers to the country will find it is one of Australia’s best-loved and simple to navigate major cities.
The road conditions are generally excellent, and major road networks are well-designed, with ample signage, specifically designed to aid foreign visitors, ensuring navigation is made as simple as possible.
A generally flat city, you do not have to worry about hilly or mountainous drives and the picturesque scenery throughout the city and surrounding areas makes driving in Melbourne a thoroughly rewarding venture.
Melbourne Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Australia, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Australian cars drive on the left side of the road. Only use the right lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Melbourne
- Melbourne Zoo – One of Australia’s most popular zoos, with a large collection of animals, as well as daily exhibitions and shows.
- Eureka Skydeck 88 – A giant observation tower which offers a unique way to view Melbourne from the sky – particularly beautiful at night.
- The Great Ocean Road – Melbourne’s most popular and rewarding driving experience, with non-stop coastal views and gorgeous scenery.
Restaurants In Melbourne
- Rice Paper Scissors – 19 Liverpool Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia
- Eau De Vie – 1 Malthouse Lane, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia
- Chokolait Hub – Shop 8, Hub Arcade, 318 Lt Collins Street, Emporium Shop 342, 287 Lonsdale St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia