Car Rental Townsville Airport, make car hire comparison, pick the best car rental coupons and enjoy your trip!
Looking For Car Rental Townsville Airport?
Do you need to book a car at AirportCarRental365.com for your trip? The process is hassle-free with us, so just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Townsville Airport.
Townsville is a beautiful coastal city in Far North Queensland in Australia. It has a laid-back atmosphere and approximately 200 000 residents. The lovely town enjoys many days of sunshine and thus is an appealing destination for holidays and a base for reaching the Magnetic Island that is 25 min by car ferry. Townsville is a delightful place for a relaxing holiday not far from the coast, which has a cosmopolitan atmosphere and a delightful choice of dining and entertainment places. In fact, Townsville is ranked as the unofficial Capital of North Queensland.
Arriving at Townsville Airport
Townsville international Airport, also known as Garbutt Airport, is situated 10 km west of the city. It handles direct domestic and direct regional flights to Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Rockhampton, Cairns, Mount Isa and Mackay. The airline companies that are serving the airport include Virgin Australia, Qantas, Regional Express, Airnorth, Qantaslink and Skytrans. Townsville Airport is believed to be the 10th busiest airport in Australia.
The airport features one integrated terminal building with four aerobridges, new lounge and new retail stores, restaurants and cafes. The terminal is serviced by bus that has regular connections with the strand and ferry terminals to the Great Barrier Reef and the Magnetic Island. Airport shuttle service and airport rentals are also available. Getting the best car rental deals is possible through the website airportcarrental365, which is a great place to compare car rental prices and to learn about the car rental insurance.
Driving in Townsville
An intersection point of A1 Highway and A6 Highway, Townsville is part of the re-routed A1 route bypass which surrounds the city. Since there are many destinations in and around the city that could be experienced by car only, booking a holiday car hire is the best way to explore the area.
This is what a traveler should know if planning to get an auto hire for one’s stay in Townsville:
- The distances in Australia are measured in kilometers.
- The Australians drive on the left side of the road.
- More than 70% of the Australian cars are with automatic transmission.
- The roads between the towns are paved and are well-maintained, and so are the major highways as well. Off the main intercity highways in the remote areas, the road conditions are difficult.
- Permits are required to travel through the Aboriginal communities in some of the remote locations. These permits can be obtained for free.
Things To See & Do in Townsville
- Riverway – this is a riverfront park and a cultural hub with a public art gallery, a cultural center, café and swimming lagoons. The area spreads over 11 kilometers and features Loam Island, Pioneer Park, Ross Park, Ross River Dam. The area is idea for swimming and sports, for dining out, shopping and entertainment.
- Big Crystal Creek – it is part of Paluma Range National Park (some 65 km from Thuringowa Central), featuring large deep swimming holes which are very popular with locals and visitors. There is BBQ’s, camping grounds, etc.
- Little Crystal Creek – this is a very popular destination for locals and tourists where they can swim in the crystal clear water, have a picnic or make BBQ. It is 60km from Thuringowa Central.
- Bushland Beach – one of the best visited residential beachside communities in Thuringowa where one can walk to a wooden shipwreck and ponds full of marine life. There is also a boat ramp for public use at the beach plus BBQs and kids playgrounds, a hotel, resort and a small shopping center.
- Tony Ireland Stadium features an international standard AFL and Cricket stadium, with capacity for 10 000+ people, and is easily reachable with the economy car rental available.