Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Melbourne Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Melbourne Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Melbourne Airport.
Located in the Australian state of Victoria, Melbourne is the capital city of the state and is the 2nd largest city in Australia. One of Australia’s most popular tourist cities, millions flock to the city every year for its hot climate and ocean skyline.
Melbourne is also a commercial centre of Australia and is famous for its many shopping malls, bars and restaurants, as well as a wonderfully vibrant nightlife which is often regarded as one of the best that Australia has to offer.
The climate of the city tends to remain warm throughout the year, although Melbourne can grow to terrific temperatures during the summer months, during which many popular festivals and celebrations tend to take place throughout the city.
Arriving Melbourne Airport
Melbourne Airport is the 2nd largest and busiest airport in all of Australia, and is located approximately 23km from the city centre. Therefore, taxi cabs from the airport to the heart of downtown Melbourne can be expected to cost around $26-$30 for the journey.
Although you would think that the general volume of traffic passing through the terminals on a daily basis may slow down the primary airport procedures, such as check in, baggage collection and rental car options, the opposite is actually the case, and Melbourne Airport’s team of highly efficient and well-trained staff will ensure that your stay in the airport is generally a short one.
Melbourne Airport also offers many dining and shopping facilities, as well as traditional Australian live entertainment at several points throughout the day.
The airport is also generally considered to be one of Australia’s cleanest and best-kept airports, therefore remaining incredibly popular with visitors who return to the city year after year.
Driving In Melbourne
Melbourne often ranks as the easiest and most pleasurable Australian city in which to drive, in industry polls. It is therefore an ideal city for the first-time Australian driver to become acclimatized to the Australian way of driving.
Road conditions and design layouts are generally excellent, and navigation is made even simpler through the use of ample and clear road signage, which is particularly aimed at assisting foreign visitors to the city.
Melbourne is quite a flat city, and this ensures that most of your driving will be accompanied by wonderfully scenic ocean views and countryside.
Melbourne Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Australia, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Australian cars drive on the left side of the road. Only use the right lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Melbourne
- Melbourne Zoo – A huge collection of exotic and rare animals makes this zoo one of the most popular in Australia.
- Eureka Skydeck 88 – A massive observation tower overlooking the city centre – you need to visit this after sunset to see Melbourne at its most beautiful.
- The Great Ocean Road – With stunning coastal views and beach-side parking, this is Melbourne’s most enjoyable stretch of open road.