Car Rental Mackay Airport: automobile rental and interesting car rental tips for picking best car hire at a discounted price! Enjoy a wonderful trip to Mackay, Australia!
Need Car Rental Mackay Airport?
Car rental deals is what we do best! Check what we have selected for you at the website AirportCarRental365.com and get prestige car hire at incredible price! Pick your auto hire and have a splendid stay at Mackay, Australia!
A marvelous tropical town on the eastern coast of Australia, Mackay is located in Queensland State and is placed approximately 970 km north of the capital Brisbane. The settlement is placed by the Pioneer River and is known as the sugar capital of the country. The tourism in the town of Mackay is still in the stage of development, but the place is well visited due to the growing coal mining industry and the other businesses in the area.
The holiday makers send time in the town of Mackay or use it as a base for visiting several notable attractions nearby such as the Great Barrier Reef, the National Park Eungella and the Whitsunday Islands. Indications of the growing industry are the opening of new hotels and the increase in the number of domestic and international visitors.
Arriving at Mackay Airport
Mackay Airport that serves the city is positioned 5 km south of the city center. It handles flights from Qantas and Jetstar, as well as from Virgin Blue, which offer regular flights to and from Brisbane. Flights are also offered from Townsville, Cairns and Rockhampton. The airline company Tiger Airways now provides direct flights to Mackay Airport from the cities of Melbourne and Sydney.
In general, Mackay Airport offers services from a range of air carriers to answer the travel needs of leisure visitors, tourists and business travelers. The air hub has one airport terminal and different facilities including airport car parking. The travelers can easily reach the center of the city through the available airport shuttle transport or the offered airport rental, which could be organized online through the website airportcarrental365.
Driving in Mackay
Driving in the town of Mackay is similar to driving in the other parts of Australia. Here is what the travelers should know if they plan to get one of the cheap car rentals:
- A valid driver’s license in English will be accepted.
- Driving is on the left-hand side of the road in Australia.
- Usage of the horn is allowed only in case of emergency.
- The speed limit in the built-up residential is 50 kilometers per hour. On country roads and highways the usual speed limit is 100km/hr.
- The Bruce Highway is the name of the coastal highway between Brisbane and Cairns (which passes through Mackay).
- The Peak Downs Highway is running from Clermont North-East to terminate in Mackay.
Things to Do & See in Mackay
There are many things that one can do in the city of Mackay and as the settlement is quite large and not all landmarks are placed in the city center, getting a holiday car hire is a smart thing to do. Here are some of the places worth seeing in the area of Mackay city:
- The Marina – featuring a pretty harbor with green lawns, many cafés and restaurants.
- Harbour Beach – that is a rough beach near the harbor on the East Point Road.
- St Paul’s United Church – that is a typical wooden Queensland country church, dating back from 1898.
- Historical Farleigh Mill – special tours Monday to Friday, organized during the sugar season that lasts from July to November.
- Mackay Working Sugar Mill Tour – this is the only sugar mill that allows tours on the east coast. Travelers can learn many interesting facts.
- Art Déco Buildings – placed along Victoria Street, Sydney Street and Wood Street.
- Artspace Mackay – a regional art gallery with different exhibitions from national and international artists.
- Mackay Regional Botanical Gardens – ideal place for a pleasant walk.