Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Hobart Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Hobart Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Hobart Airport.
Hobart is the capital, largest and most populous city on the Australian island of Tasmania. As Tasmania’s central tourist destination, it receives millions of visitors throughout the year, and offers visitors a wonderful vacation destination with its glorious beaches and numerous watersports facilities
With its hot and dry Tasmanian climate, Hobart is popular throughout the whole year, although the summer months undoubtedly begin to see tourist volumes grow to extremely impressive numbers.
The island attractions are mostly targeted towards watersports and outdoor enthusiasts, with numerous facilities and walking opportunities available throughout the city.
Arriving Hobart Airport
Hobart Airport is the primary airport serving the Australian territory of Tasmania, and the largest airport on the island. Located approximately 17km from downtown Hobart, taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre are likely to charge around $23-$28 for the journey.
The size of the airport dictates that there is a huge volume of traffic passing through the terminals on a daily basis and airport processes and waiting times can be frustratingly long during busier times.
Facilities in the airport are quite numerous, with plenty of dining and shopping opportunities available.
However, car rental queues are estimated to be among the lowest in Australia and Tasmania and once you have arrived through baggage collection, it shouldn’t be too long before you are leaving the airport and starting your vacation.
Driving In Hobart
Hobart offers an extremely enjoyable driving experience for the first time Australian or Tasmanian driver.
With its long and open roads, traffic levels tend to remain pretty low despite the popularity of the city, and although road condition and signage is not the best in the country, road layouts are easily navigable and the local drivers are extremely helpful and courteous.
Car parking at the local attractions is generally reasonably priced, and the small public transport system is well-priced and very reliable.
Hobart Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Australia, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Australian cars drive on the left side of the road. Only use the right lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Hobart
- Mount Wellington – A stunning natural attraction, and perfect for walking enthusiasts – an excellent photo opportunity.
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary – Doubling up as an attraction and an actual sanctuary for found or neglected animals, Bonorong is a truly worthwhile and enjoyable day out for the family to enjoy.
- Bruny Island Cruises – Exhilarating boat cruises around the stunning Tasmanian island, with glorious coastal views guaranteed.