Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Gold Coast Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Gold Coast Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Gold Coast Airport.
Gold Coast is a region in the Australian state of Queensland. The area is the largest non-capital city in Australia, and is visited by millions of Australian tourists and foreign visitors throughout the year.
Famous for its endless stretches of perfect beaches, with stunning coastal views available at every point, it is a remarkable destination in which to vacation and is like nowhere else on Earth.
It goes without saying that Gold Coast offers many watersports activities, as well as many high-quality bars, restaurants and shopping outlets to compliment the time spent catching the sun on the beach.
Heading into Queensland also offers many popular tourist attractions, including Seaworld, the Warner Bros. Movie Tour and so much more.
Arriving Gold Coast Airport
Gold Coast Airport is located just at the south end of the Australian Gold Coast, and is located around 100km from Brisbane and 25km from Surfers Paradise. It is the 6th largest airport in Australia and is the country’s 3rd fastest-growing airport.
Taxi cabs from the airport to the popular Gold Coast accommodation can be expected to cost you around $15-$20.
In keeping with the relaxing nature of your visit to the Gold Coast, airport procedures run extremely efficiently, with lots of modern features to speed up your journey through the airport.
These include a shuttle service to the rental car area, where you can quickly pick up your car and head for the beach.
The airport offers a small, but decent selection of bars, restaurants and shopping outlets, with many places to buy your sunscreen, sunglasses and beach towels ready for your stay on the Gold Coast.
Driving In Gold Coast
As you would imagine, driving on the Gold Coast is a remarkably easy and genuinely exhilarating experience. With stunning beach and coastal views, with clear, blue sea as far as the eye can see, it offers awesome scenery and picturesque views.
The only traffic build-up is found at the entrance to the more popular beach spots, and you may have to prepare yourself for a short wait at these points.
Traffic congestion is not nearly as bad in other areas, and with long, open highways along the coast, you should have no problem driving in the region if you are a 1st time driver to Australia.
Gold Coast Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Australia, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Australian cars drive on the left side of the road. Only use the right lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Gold Coast
- Warner Bros. Movie World – The magic of the movies really come to life at this awesome mix of rides, shows and movie exhibitions.
- Dreamworld – A fantastic waterpark and amusement arcade which is perfect for families with young children.
- Natural Bridge – An awesome natural park with plenty of wildlife and walking tracks for outdoor enthusiasts.
Restaurants In Gold Coast
- Allure On Currumbin – 136 Duringan Street, Currumbin, Queensland 4223, Australia
- Verve Restaurant – 3/1 Sunshine Blvd cnr T E Peters Drive, Broadbeach, Queensland, Australia
- Benihana Japanese Steak House – 158 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia