Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Coolangatta Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Coolangatta Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Coolangatta Airport.
Coolangatta is the southernmost suburb of the Gold Coast region of Australia. Although the city has a small native population, it also experiences high levels of tourists, due to the proximity of the Gold Coast attractions.
Offering some of the best beaches on the planet, with stunning coastline views, Coolangatta is also well within driving distance to Brisbane.
Although Coolangatta offers fewer local attractions than other Gold Coast resorts, there is still much for the foreign visitor to enjoy. Many of the city’s attractions are based on watersports and ‘adrenaline’ activities, such as skydiving and water skiing.
Coolangatta also has a quiet, yet undervalued nightlife scene, which many visitors find refreshing when compared to several other major Gold Coast resorts.
Arriving Coolangatta Airport
Coolangatta Airport is located at the southernmost edge of the Australian Gold Coast, and is based approximately 100km from downtown Brisbane. It is the 6th busiest airport in Australia and the 3rd fastest-growing airport in the country.
Airport processes such as check-in, security and baggage collection are dealt with extremely efficiently, and in the relaxed style similar to many other Australian airports.
If you are seeking car rental Coolangatta Airport, you will find that a direct shuttle leads to the rental car area, where once again, queues are fast-moving and the staff are extremely professional.
The airport offers a wide selection of Australian and international-themed bars, restaurants and shopping outlets. It also offers free wi-fi connection for all visitors.
Taxi cab availability is always good, and taxi cabs from the airport to downtown Coolangatta are likely to charge you around $20-$25.
Driving In Coolangatta
If you are looking for car rental Coolangatta Airport, then you really couldn’t ask for a better city to drive in than Coolangatta.
With its long, open highways, and glorious coastline scenery, driving is an intensely enjoyable experience, even for 1st time drivers to Australia.
Road signage is better than many Australian cities, and the condition of the major road networks is generally excellent.
Although the local drivers can sometimes lack patience with over-careful drivers, you should have no problem in navigating and driving in the city throughout your stay.
Coolangatta Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in Australia, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Australian cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Coolangatta
- Kirra Beach – A glorious sun-soaked beach, which is easily among the most popular beaches in Australia.
- Gold Coast Skydive – An adrenaline-filled attraction and a thrilling way to spend a day of your stay in Coolangatta.
- Cooly Dive – Snorkelling and scuba diving in style – take guided, professional lessons in some of the clearest waters on the planet.